Main Menu

Greatest childrens tv show of the eighties?

Started by Devons Daddy, 31 January, 2003, 10:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

WoD

Mysterious Cities of Gold
Ulysses 31
Chorlton and the Wheelies
Dogtanion and the Muskerhounds
DM (of course)
Monkey
The Water Margin

And not on the list..... Blue Bloody Peter!

WoD.

ukdane

There are some great retro kids tv sites out there...
 As well as Battle of the Planets, Arabian Knights, Dungeons and Dragons, and *ahem* Thundercats, There's the magic roundabout, Ivor the engine, and bagpuss. Why Don't You, Tiswas, The adventure game. etc etc
*gulp*
They're coming back to me...

Link: http://80scartoons.8k.com/battleoftheplanets.html" target="_blank">For example

Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Classic!http://www.yesterdayland.com/images/popopedia/shows/saturday/sa1008.jpg">
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Classic!

Tra La La! Tra La La La!http://www.yesterdayland.com/images/popopedia/shows/saturday/sa1008.jpg">
Cheers

-Daney

Slippery PD

Personally, a lot of the series mentioned are when I was a teenager and was far too interested doing other stuff.  But favourites of mine are:
Noggin the Nog (same as Ivor the engine)
The Flashing Blades (Saturday morning TV badly dubbed)
In Scotland we used to have a show called Glen Micheals Cavalcade that used to show lots of cartoons on a sunday afternoon.  That was aslo pretty good.

- Yer Slippo

Proudhuff

Gotta agree there, these young wippersnappers,

The Flashing Blade, personally I hold that responsible for the PollTax rebellion,

Glen Micheal, Pallidin and Rusty? I remember thinking 'GET OFF and put more cartoons on ya old bar Steward'.

Middenpus
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

good god i actually remember the first andy pandy & flowerpot men. ahhh & animal magic, ricky ticky tavie the ring tailed lemour at bristal zoo. ahhhh
bag puss, "we will wash it we will ..wotever"

pah, the past is another continent on a small planet on a galaxy far away.

tell you what was good tho' was the wild flowers in the 70's, fields full of them ! I remember wading thru a meadow full of poppies & cowslips & corn flowers, a year later we moved into a nice new barratt house right ontop of where the flowers once grew. pah.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Malchidiel

"Crumbs Chief". I agree with you guys, but then again I'm biased.

The one prog that immediately springs to mind is Chocky. That was kewl.

Demon Chicken

judda fett

Agree with Ulysseus 31, Star Fleet, Chocky and the majority of whats already been said and I'll raise you a 'Hartbeat' (Tony Hart of course), Morph, The Flumps, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Spiderman, Stig of the Dump and Dramarama...

Capt.Zeep

It is compulsory in discussions of this nature for someone to say this:

Catweazle!

(Ah, jumpers for goalposts....isn't it? etc...)

satchmo

Ahh, The Flumps.Did anyone else wave goodbye to them at the end of the credits? That was a great programme.I'll raise you The Box of Delights,Marmalade Atkins,and the original Roland Rat Show.
But the best kids TV show was Playschool.