Main Menu

Any chance of an "Edit Post" option?

Started by JTurner, 03 July, 2002, 10:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

It would be usefull, and I can't see it being too hard. Or maybe I should just be more careful before clicking "Post Message"?

Wake

Technically possible, but I wouldn't want people to be able to edit or delete posts after they have been replied to...threads can be difficult enough to follow as it is.

Wake

Devons Daddy

come on jacob
if you think you can claim the title of sites worst speller. your up against tough competation here.
though a spell check would be a bit more useful i think. or as you say read before you post could also work, the old fashioned way my father informs me,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art

Perhaps an edit feature with a time limit?

Wake

I was just thinking of that myself. If people had 5 mins to edit/delete posts then there wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Wake

JTurner

Spell checks are a bugger.

My dyslecsic friend (true story) and I were about to graduate and were posting the obligatory covering letters and CVs. Stu spell checked all his work, but neglected to ask for any careful proof reading. It was sheer luck that I noticed a mistake and stopped him from sending 20 letters that his PC had helpfully edited - so that they ended, "yours sensually..."

Buddy

I would certainly consider employing anyone who ended their covering letter 'yours sensually'....

Link: http://www.ximoc.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.ximoc.co.uk

Oddboy

That's brilliant!

On the subject of editing posts, why not make it possible providing there are NO replies, rather than a time limit...
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

How about a "Oh gawd, what did I say last night" erase option for people coming back from the pub and deciding to tell a few home truths about betelguisians.

Ah well.  I'll have to stick with locking up the computer before I go out.