Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 June, 2017, 01:46:28 PM
Having seen Link Primes's soon to be home how many Britains will apply to live in Ireland since it is still in the EU? Could a big influx of foreign immigrants upset the Irish and the Northern Ireland Peace process?
As the old joke goes: "Aye, but urr ye a Protestant Muslim or a Cathlick Muslim?"
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

It remains to be seen whether the CTA can survive anyway. Chances are it's also fucked. (Yes, it was there before the EU, but then both Ireland and the UK have been in the EU for a very long time now.)

Still: the latest fun fact is the government will ask EU nationals to sign up to a register. THAT DOESN'T SOUND HIDEOUS AT ALL.

Hawkmumbler

It escaped my notice till now that this thread is on the final stretch to 1000 pages of utter bullshit.

Theblazeuk

IDK it's mostly 900+ pages of relatively civil conversation. As far as politics goes it's sadly head and shoulders above the typical standard of bullshit. Particularly in comparison to the Commons.

Hawkmumbler

It's all bullshit a cynicle part of me says...

...Nah you're probably right TBH. :P

The Legendary Shark

What do I win?

F*ck all, I guess :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Michael Knight

Anyone else think its amazing that Germany the nation that instigated the last two world wars is pretty much in control of the EU now politically and economically. Every Photo call German leader centre stage. Surely speaks for itself.

Michael Knight

I Am the system I take your point mate, but these people that threatened to leave UK if Brexit happened wont in much the same way those American 'Celebs' threatened to move to Canada if Trump won. Gobshites the lot of them., all mouth no trousers etc etc etc etc.

Steve Green

There's a fair difference between something you can see the end of, in the case of Trump compared to a protracted unknown of Brexit.

But you know, I'm glad you've done a survey of everyone.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Michael Knight on 21 June, 2017, 06:11:39 PM
I Am the system I take your point mate, but these people that threatened to leave UK if Brexit happened wont in much the same way those American 'Celebs' threatened to move to Canada if Trump won. Gobshites the lot of them., all mouth no trousers etc etc etc etc.

It's not the 'celebs' I'm worried about, it's the massive financial institutions that are already making plans to move because the City of London outside the EU is effectively useless to them. For comparison (again), financial services contribute about 12% of UK GDP; the banking crisis contracted the UK economy by 8%.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Michael Knight

I agree with you Jim Campbell and share same concerns. I just literally loathe these aforementioned 'celebs' and how no one calls them out on their hypocrisy. Same with the tragedy of tower block fire in London with people lauding Jeremy Clarkson for donating clothes (very publicly) and people forget what a bigoted b#####d he is. The guy got sacked for racially abusing a man because he didn't have a hot dinner prepared for him. That coupled with his other bigoted remarks about the disabled, Trade union members etc but a lot of folk now think he a top bloke again because he donated clothes. Still a vile scumbag to me. Can never understand the wider British publics love of him to be honest.

Michael Knight

'But you know, I'm glad you've done a survey of everyone'

Steve Green didn't think there any need to be sarcastic. I just cant think of any 'celebs' at all that said they'd leave UK if people voted Brexit or move to Canada etc if Trump elected.

Didn't state it was a 'survey' or scientific proof. But if sarcasm floats your boat so be it. I can accept others have different opinions. Was just an observation at end of day

Goaty

Okay, think you don't like Jeremy Clarkson as you mention him seven times in one post...

Michael Knight

Goaty mate he on my ranks alongside Tony 'Bomber' Blair, 'Call me Dave' Cameron, Boris Johnston and Rupert Murdoch for me.

Steve Green

Quote from: Michael Knight on 21 June, 2017, 07:11:32 PM
'But you know, I'm glad you've done a survey of everyone'

Steve Green didn't think there any need to be sarcastic. I just cant think of any 'celebs' at all that said they'd leave UK if people voted Brexit or move to Canada etc if Trump elected.

Didn't state it was a 'survey' or scientific proof. But if sarcasm floats your boat so be it. I can accept others have different opinions. Was just an observation at end of day

IATS was talking about general people moving to EU countries, you lumped them in with celebs as gobshites, one of my friends got a job in Germany and is staying out there because of Brexit.

"these people that threatened to leave UK if Brexit happened wont"

I've just given you an example of someone I know who has done exactly that.