Main Menu

New Poll: Pick your three favourites from July's Art Comp...

Started by 2000AD Online, 01 August, 2006, 04:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

I say we get Wils. Make him do a Mr Krool, Mr Nemesis etc. Then get the writing chaps to have a go at a proper Roger Hargreaves style sory, that involves the character's links with its original story.

(Sort of like)

Opening page;

Mr Krool lived in a a very Krool house. It had a Krool chimney. A krool garden and a Krool anti-tank/air missile with added chemical attack capability bunker.

Second page;

OOh Mr Krool is off to visit a friend/ the shops/a picnic... I wonder who it could be?

And the best gets a personel publication. Of course the voting can be the same as in this. Think of the wonderful stories to be made. Thing is, it stops a load of idea stealing wrangles and is potentially, a very funny exercise.

How's those votes going? Quite flushed I got a top 3 mark. Cheers I.P.

The Amstor Computer

The top three was deserved, IMO - I liked your Mad Tommy & it was only edged out by the three I voted for.

Voting's going well - 20-odd boarders have voted here so far, and my last accurate count put mcwild, Wils and petemaskreplica in the top three & in that order. Still plenty of time to put your vote in if you haven't already, though!

Woolly

James
54 Jones
Bart Diaz

Youre works are so bloody good i've decided to burn my pencils!
Eye-poppingly stunning stuff!

Dark Jimbo

Urm... I'm confused. I voted on the poll thing, but does that count? Do I need to post them here in the thread like everyone else has done?
@jamesfeistdraws

Albion

I voted on the poll too. Is that OK?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Amstor Computer

It's probably best to vote here just in case, but the poll does seem to be working - though for some reason the number of voters and the number of total votes doesn't seem to match.

Albion

Ok. I'll vote here too.

1. Mcwild
2. Wils
3. Bart Diaz
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ThryllSeekyr

Okay, I'm not surprised anyones hasn't voted for me.

1. Thryllseekyr.

let me know if this is against the rules. My favorite work put up is the head of WallBanger.

Of course I like my own work.

My second choice is

Mcwild's

Colour portrait of The Krool. I also like the 3D render of another Krool head that he has done also. Though I think it's really in a class of it's own.

Bolt01's

I like his detailed drawing of Dogbrain. It has no mistakes. Doesn't really even need colouring in to impress me.

Bico

Steve Green

Just noticed this thread...

Umm, I've voted on the poll but if it's going from here

1. Bart's Kano, lovely McCarthy feel to it

2. PetesMasksReplica Krool, Manic, sums up the Krool perfectly

3.Wils Mr Krool, just picturing Arthur Lowe narrating his adventures.

Cheers,

Steve

Mrs matthewvic

Bump...

Did I miss it somewhere on another thread?

Am I being slightly dim?!?

Who won???

James

Yeah, come on Amstor-comp closed 3 days ago.

We need to know who won.

The Amstor Computer

Apologies for the delay - thread announcing the winners will be up in a few minutes!