Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

it's not a swipe - just pointing out that Pat Mills was bang up to date with current dino-research when he wrote Flesh!

Albion

I've just read Prog 622. Not much variety of writers in this one!

Two stories by Alan Grant. Dredd and Anderson.
Three by Hilary Robinson. Zippy Couriers, Medivac 318 and a Future Shock.
A Daily Star Dredd by Grant and Wagner.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

sheridan

Quote from: Albion on 07 October, 2015, 10:49:54 PM
I've just read Prog 622. Not much variety of writers in this one!

Two stories by Alan Grant. Dredd and Anderson.
Three by Hilary Robinson. Zippy Couriers, Medivac 318 and a Future Shock.
A Daily Star Dredd by Grant and Wagner.

I saw a kitten on someone's Tshirt the other day which made me think of Zippy Couriers (it was in the same style, but I don't think it was directly related).

I set myself an absolute minimum limit of one prog a week (apart from the latest, that is) and am pushing the definition this week, though I haven't gone to sleep yet, so this still counts as Sunday, right?

Prog 15: Mach One Plus One

I now have a few days off work so should be able to catch up...

Albion

I'm on a minimum of one Prog a day. Sometimes it can be up to ten, if I'm doing a long printing job at work.  :D

sheridan

Savage goes face-to-face against an Australian bounty hunter who uses the word 'sport' in two thirds of his sentences while Probe gets to wipe out a "nest of slant-eyed vipers".  Casual racism was more socially acceptable in the seventies you say?  I'd never have guessed!  Prog 16: We are Being Attacked by the Capitol Building.

TordelBack

QuoteWe get a second Dan Dare centrespread in portrait orientation next – I don't remember there being another one until the Torque-Armada spread in 1983, and I'm pretty sure there won't be any more after that.

Does the City of the Damned 'Next Prog' count? (Somewhere in the 390s).And am I misremembering, or did Mad George not get the Torque-Armada treatment first? Or was that technically a Star Scan? (Somewhere in the 130-150 range?).

Really enjoying the blog, Sheridan - keep at it!

sheridan

Quote from: Tordelback on 14 October, 2015, 04:40:55 AM
QuoteWe get a second Dan Dare centrespread in portrait orientation next – I don't remember there being another one until the Torque-Armada spread in 1983, and I'm pretty sure there won't be any more after that.

Does the City of the Damned 'Next Prog' count? (Somewhere in the 390s).And am I misremembering, or did Mad George not get the Torque-Armada treatment first? Or was that technically a Star Scan? (Somewhere in the 130-150 range?).

Really enjoying the blog, Sheridan - keep at it!

Thanks - and good catch on both counts, just checked, there is the Mad George / ABC Warriors reporting for duty portrait.  I reckon we're well overdue for another centrespread (though good luck to anybody rotating the magazine on public transport...)

sheridan

Prog 17 - the one with a dinosaur with three (human) heads on the cover.  Turns out that this is my favourite episode of Judge Dredd so far in the Back Prog Hack - love the styling of the back of the Lawmaster, Gibson's views of the city, Texas City gets a mention on the side of an oil tanker and more.

sheridan

Ma Mahaffy - the cover by Don Lawrence, which was famously bodged to replace Ma with Dredd...

sheridan

It's been a while, hopefully I'll speed up a bit (I've been updating a wiki while I've been going along, which hasn't helped the frequency of my posts).  Prog 19 - Supercover No 1, A Robot's Best Friend...

sheridan

After taking November out to do NaNoWriMo, and then finding it difficult to get back into the swing of things with the 2000AD Summer Special Supercomic I've finally managed to make my way though and update the blog.  I'm hoping Prog 20 won't take so long!

sheridan

Prog 20 - will it take me less than three months to put up the next one?

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 28 March, 2016, 04:34:16 AM
Prog 20 - will it take me less than three months to put up the next one?

...and the answer to that is yes, it took substantially more than three months!  I usually make some sort of birthday resolution each year, so I think this year's will be to update more regularly!  Enough chat - slog entry for Prog 21.

sheridan

Albion

My next Prog is 1055.
The quality is improving again now I'm in the late 1990's with early episodes of Sinister Dexter and Nikolai Dante.
I'd forgotten there were so many topless women in I Was A Teenage Tax Consultant! Saucy Tharg.  :o