Main Menu

What to read after 9 years away?

Started by briantm, 23 September, 2019, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briantm

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think Travellian had started on Indigo Prime before I stopped reading. Lovely stuff.

Broxton, Kendall, McConville and Niemand are all new names to me.

I've loved Rob Williams writing in tooth and the meg. Probably haven't read much/any of his Dredd.

Since my first post I've reread Total War and Blood Trails, and I'm sticking into Origins now  :)

TordelBack

Oh dear, Blood Trails. No-one's finest hour.

Artist-wise in addition to those already listed I'd suggest two big revelations were Tom Foster and Phil Winslade.

Bolt-01

Brian - Indigo Prime would likely have been the late, and much missed Edmund Bagwell.

CalHab

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 September, 2019, 10:21:05 PM

Artist-wise in addition to those already listed I'd suggest two big revelations were Tom Foster and Phil Winslade.

Good shout, nobody has mentioned Lawless yet. It's definitely a highlight.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 25 September, 2019, 09:09:16 AM

Good shout, nobody has mentioned Lawless yet. It's definitely a highlight.

Yeah defo Lawless is one of the all time great thrills produced by Tharg's mighty organ.

JayzusB.Christ

Was that the one where [spoiler]George Clooney knocked Vienna up?[/spoiler]  If so, I didn't think it was too bad. Definitely no classic but not the worst.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

briantm

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 September, 2019, 09:25:16 PM
Was that the one where [spoiler]George Clooney knocked Vienna up?[/spoiler]  If so, I didn't think it was too bad. Definitely no classic but not the worst.
No, no, it was [spoiler]Vin Diesel face changed to look like George Clooney who knocked up Vienna[/spoiler]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: briantm on 26 September, 2019, 10:12:55 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 September, 2019, 09:25:16 PM
No, no, it was [spoiler]Vin Diesel face changed to look like George Clooney who knocked up Vienna[/spoiler]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yes, I'd forgotten he'd started out as Vin Diesel.  :D
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Never forget that somewhere out there in MC-1 s a ten-year old who is a quarter Fargo and half Vin Diesel Sov Superspy.