Main Menu

Blood Bowl

Started by BoJirch, 04 September, 2009, 10:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoJirch

Cant wait for blood bowl on 360. Got the DS version yesterday from mininova. Pretty sick so far. Definately need to get a league going soon as 360 one comes out. Anyone  remember Necromunda? Was basically a Gamesworkshop game set in a simialr enviroment to a megacity where a player controlled a gang. Just dusted off my old Delaques yesterday- still 100% bad ass years later. Anyone else like vintage GW games?

Richmond Clements

Used to love Blood Bowl the board game.

I've ordered my copy of the new release of Space Hulk too, which I'm strangely excited about, even though I'll very rarely (if ever) get to play it!

BoJirch

I've missed this one! Whens Space Hulk out? Is it a totally new rules with a new rulebook? All the skirmish games are so much more fun then the army battles. I love the levelling up aspects of blood bowl as well-probably explains my other past addiction to Final Fantasy VII!

locustsofdeath!

A new release of Space Hulk? Do you mean a new edition of the board game or a video game? I've still got my old SH board game, but sadly it's been quite some time since I've played. I've just stared my daughter on the old HeroQuest game, so we're getting there!

Richmond Clements

BoJirch

Checked on the GW website, all of the mail order ones have sold out so its a store purchase only released tomorrow. On my lunch break Im going to try and reserve one. For some reason I think its retailing at £35. Not entirely sure if thats accurate or mindless optimism on my part.

locustsofdeath!

Oh my. Looks like I'll be taking a drive to Cambridge tomorrow morning.

Colin YNWA

The site has the game listed as £50 (or near enough) wow that's expensive... well probably not these days but it surprised me. I loved Blood Bowl even if I was a bit rubbish at it. I always wanted to get a Skraven team to work but never mastered the best strategies for them!

SamuelAWilkinson

I can't be having with keeping up with the massive expense of the tabletop games,but the recent rash of video games are all damn fine; Warhammer Online, Dawn of War 2 and Blood Bowl are all exemplary. Particularly BB - if there's enough of us, a board league would be fun.

I also have very fond memories of Necromunda. If that could be replicated in video form, I'd be a happy bugger indeed.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

BoJirch

am up for a board league fo sure. I'll have to wait for a 360 release though due to my antiquated pc, it's like a really slow and pathetic dinosaur from Jurassic park. Totally agree with the comment about the high cost of tabletop gaming hence the skirmish games being the best. Only need to buy 8 models or so and job done.
Fingers crossed for the Dredd Necromunda hybrid Video Game! Imagine the judges attempting to establish order within the hive! The Carnage!

locustsofdeath!

I am anxiously awaiting my friend's arrival; on his way to Cambridge this afternoon, he stopped by the house and a gave him a stack of bills with the sole mission (well besides his own shopping) of making his way to Games Workshop and getting hold of a copy of Space Hulk.

Hopefully, I'll post a review soon - but if anyone else has managed to get their mitts on it, please fill us in on your thoughts!

Richmond Clements

My copy is secured, but I'm waiting on delivery by the post fairies... probably mid next week before I get it.

locustsofdeath!

BTW, if anyone ever fancies starting a league - as mentioned above - and you live in the Cambridge/Ely area, count me in!

amberkraken

Is it coming out for the 360? I thought it was just Ds PSP and PC.
Will def get the Ds version, as I know a few friend who'll get it too!

ThryllSeekyr

Is Blood Bowl coming to PC?