Main Menu

AOTC Review

Started by Ol^ Marbles, 17 May, 2002, 01:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol^ Marbles

Sorry to say, but this is well up there on my 'Worst Film Ever Made' list.

Excerable dialogue and the acting is truly dreadful. Plus the story is so lame I nearly died of boredom in the cinema.

Difficult to describe how bad it is, but if I say 'Phantom Menace' then it gives you a fair idea. It beats me why critics say this one is better than the last.

3/11.

Matt

What film where you watching? It fucking rocks! It totally makes up for The Phantom Menace, it even makes that films characters & events more interesting. And c'mon, if you want a meaty story and well scripted dialogue you watch a Scorsese or Tarantino film not Star Wars.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

JTurner

The dialogue was heavy enough to give Yoda some trouble if it ever got stuck in a swamp, but Lee and McGregor saved it. What got my goat was the lack of pace in the combat scene that kept cutting to C3PO. It totaly detracted from the Jedi, who I felt no sypathy for and were terribly under used. In my opinion the Droid Foundary sequence should have been cut back to allow us time to identify with these characters, after all we are supposed to feel sympathy for them in the next film when they die!

THAT scene with Yoda saved the show, though. It just blew me away. But Lucas seemed too concerned with the CGI to let the characters shine through.

4 out of 5, just.

2000AD Online

Ho hum.

Attack of the Overblowns had a few decent scenes but, as with The Fandom Menace, it lacks the charm of the original trilogy.

And c'mon, guys. That Yoda fight sequence lasts all of two seconds and ain't nothing we haven't already seen Sonic the Hedgehog do.

red_lichtie

The whole point is that no matter how crap the film may be, it will still make a profit. Anyway the excuse given is that the films were designed for kids not adults. There is one small mercy though - After episode 3, there is to be no more films. Just a load of dire books, merchandising, etc etc etc.

RL

Mudcrab

Unless he goes back on his word and makes the third trilogy!!! In 20 years time we could be sitting discussing tooth and what we all think of Star Wars: Episode 8 where we discover that the midichloreans are all bollocks, Anakin's mother wasn't a virgin, it was Luke going back in time to be his father's father.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

plastikman

was it just me who got confused about whose side count dracula was on?

didn't he reveal to obiwan that the republic was under a sith lord and he - count dracula- was going to kick his arse.

10 mins later he's reporting to said evil doer.

all duirng the fight sequence i was rooting for the robots - thinking what a clever story - having the jedi defending their own enemy?

have i missed the point completely?

what's that you say - anakin - who was he then?

plastikman.

Something Fishy

I wondered about that but came to the conclusion that he must have been trying to dupe Obi Wan.  The attack would have still gone ahead but he'd have gained a useful new dark partner.

2000AD Online

Talking of mistakes: that scene in the clone factory. I could have sworn that, instead of a group shot of Jango Fett, it was actually one of Senator Armadillo's personal bodyguard.

2000AD Online

I've just re-read my previous thread.

Energizer to articulate!

The scene to which I refer would appear to comprise clones of Padme's bodyguard rather than Jango Fett himself.

I would most appreciate it if someone could verify this.

ukdane

Mr Whitt,
You did indeed see Padme's guard as a clone. There are reports that suggest that he is a traitor. Could he be a Mandalorian warrior? And just how did he lose his eye?
Cheers

-Daney