Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Just totally devastating news......an all time hero of mine. Was standing next to him about 12 months ago and couldnt pluck up the courage to talk to him. My thoughts with his family.

Pete Wells

There are no words.

Except Drokk, or Sneck.

Sorry for the gallows humour folks, truly a coping mechanism.

Dandontdare

Tragic news indeed - an amazing artist and  a lovely gentleman to boot. I was encouraged recently that he seemed to be on the road to recovery, but sadly not to be.

Steve Green

Going through that period of 'must be a mistake' - Carlos was an absolute pleasure to talk with, he helped us out with the short film, offering encouragement and words of advice, as well as being a huge talent that shaped my childhood.

I look in one direction, and I see a commission from him, I look in another and I see the retro helmet that we were making up for Carlos.

My sincere condolences to Sandra and the family, and to his close friends.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Taryn Tailz

As has been mentioned further up the thread, there is no artist more iconic in the history of 2000AD than Carlos Ezquerra. His legacy shall remain unsurpassed.

R.I.P

Heath C Ackley

Bollocks that's the worst news I've heard in ages. Carlos was a legend; as vital to 2000ad and its history as Kirby and Ditko were to Marvel. A sad loss for us all. Gutted. The greatest of respect due and my thoughts are with his family and friends.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Trooper McFad

Sad sad news. My condolences to his Family. Unfortunately never met the great man but his artwork will live forever in our hearts, minds and for a lucky few on our walls.
😔 RIP Carlos
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus.  I'm in shock.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

strontium71

Sorry to pop back up in truly awful circumstances.
I have suggested on Facebook that the Rogue Trooper art comp is postponed,and maybe a Carlos themed one is used instead?
...because I hate you.

Spikes

Such sad, sad news. We all have so much to be grateful to Carlos for - a true 2000ad/British comics legend.

And such a nice guy as well. I count myself as being very fortunate to have met him in person on two occasions, as well as receiving a commission from him. Bespoke art from the master - something I treasured then, and more so now.

RIP King Carlos, and thank you.

broodblik

The world has lost one of the best artist ever. My condolences to his family.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Gutted. Literally just coming on here to write a message about the terrible news about Carlos when I heard that an uncle of mine has just collapsed and died unexpectedly. Feeling very... hollow.
@jamesfeistdraws

Zenith 666

This is just the worst day ever.Never met Carlos but I'm actually empty and numb at his passing.His art has been part of my life for over thirty years and to think I never get to see him draw Dredd or Alpha again breaks my heart.my deepest condolences to his family and friends and all at 2000AD.Rest in peace Carlos.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 01 October, 2018, 04:22:44 PM
Gutted. Literally just coming on here to write a message about the terrible news about Carlos when I heard that an uncle of mine has just collapsed and died unexpectedly. Feeling very... hollow.

Really sorry for your loss, Jimbo.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"