Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Aye but those cracks get ever so much smaller (bye bye In the Flesh).

Goaty

Little remind it on BBC2 at 10pm

Goaty

That was good episode, know what it like to be uncomfortable in crowded public transport. Nice twist.

pauljholden

Are people not watching this? Watched the latest episode "12 days of Christine" and it was fantastic. [spoiler] reminded me a lot of the Alan Moore time twister "the time machine"[/spoiler]

-PJ

Steve Green

Yeah, watching them and enjoying them enormously.

COMMANDO FORCES

Hugely enjoyable and I nearly had a tear in my eye at the end of the last episode.

CrazyFoxMachine

Brilliant episode. I just got the first series on DVD - this kind of anthology television is grand.

Goaty

I was on easter break with missus, and watch this tonight, brilliant episode!

Dark Jimbo

I love this series, but can never think of very much insightful or clever to say about it.

Can't wait for the next episode, though - witch trials and David Warner!
@jamesfeistdraws

Theblazeuk

Where was the no.9 in this episode though?

Mardroid

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 12 April, 2015, 02:58:21 PM
Where was the no.9 in this episode though?

On the hall of the building where they held the witch trial.

Actually I'm not sure they would have bothered numbering huts in those days but to keep with the convention of the programme I guess they had to keep it in somewhere.

I loved how they riffed on the idea of having a group photo, and the pay-off was very amusing.

I watched episodes 2 and 3 last night. Both very good in very different ways.

Concerning the ending of the Witch Trial episode....
[spoiler]I guessed on the second twist (although I didn't know it would be the second) as that's typical from this kind of plot, but that first twist with the bag removal reveal completely surprised me. And that somehow made the second predictable twist satisfying. If that makes sense.[/spoiler]

Very funny stuff in that episode.

pauljholden

Found this the most like Royston Vasey, very funny and yet still dark and twisted. Annoyed with myself that I gave up on the first series after a too dark first episode now.

Mardroid

Thing is, although there is a tendency to certain themes (dark humour and yes some nastiness) the stories are so different (apart from being set in one location- No. 9) and the tone shifts too, you're certaint to find something you like, I think.

This episode was very different from the [spoiler]sad/sweet/poignant[/spoiler] Episode 2 for example.

Judge Nutmeg

Enjoyed all so far but has'nt the twist in episode 2 been done so many times befored

CrazyFoxMachine

...the twists are always slightly less good than the episodes themselves I'm finding.

The last one (which was essentially just an extended version of the trial scene in The Witchsmeller Pursuivant from the first series of Blackadder) had a tremendously good cast and a great dark undertone - not to mention DAVID WARNER who is the god of all space. However the final twist was just the first thing you thought of really.

I still think they're yet to match the giddying heights of the utterly extraordinary silent episode in Series 1 but  the twist problem is just shallow nitpickery frankly as each episode is a real treat, rammed with interesting characters and excellent guest stars.