Main Menu

Paramount Theme Park in Kent 2018!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 09 October, 2012, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Last night on Meridian News and the main ITV News they broke the news (if it was known before I hadn't heard about it) about a massive project that could be completed in 6 years!

I won't bother with loads of links, as a quick Google will open up a world of fun and it's gonna be on my doorstep and when it opens the Judge will be going there!

It's gonna cost around 2 Billion quid and be built on a, bollocks, time to copy and paste methinks ;)

Planned for 2018, a Paramount Pictures-branded resort will be at the heart of a 872 acre site, twice the size of the Olympic Park.

To be built on what is currently a brownfield site in the Swanscombe Peninsula, it would be one of the largest regeneration projects in Europe and among the four largest theme parks anywhere in the world.

It would include a massive indoor water park, as well as theatres, live music venues, attractions, cinemas, restaurants, event space and hotels.

The site is on the doorstep of Ebbsfleet International railway station, which will provide a 17-minute journey time into London, and two hours to Paris

Here is a proposed pic of the place and just look at the Enterprise :o

Colin YNWA

By the time that opens my daughter will be 9 and my son 6... I can almost hear the conversation now...

klute

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 October, 2012, 04:40:55 PM
Last night on Meridian News and the main ITV News they broke the news (if it was known before I hadn't heard about it) about a massive project that could be completed in 6 years!

I won't bother with loads of links, as a quick Google will open up a world of fun and it's gonna be on my doorstep and when it opens the Judge will be going there!

It's gonna cost around 2 Billion quid and be built on a, bollocks, time to copy and paste methinks ;)

Planned for 2018, a Paramount Pictures-branded resort will be at the heart of a 872 acre site, twice the size of the Olympic Park.

To be built on what is currently a brownfield site in the Swanscombe Peninsula, it would be one of the largest regeneration projects in Europe and among the four largest theme parks anywhere in the world.

It would include a massive indoor water park, as well as theatres, live music venues, attractions, cinemas, restaurants, event space and hotels.

The site is on the doorstep of Ebbsfleet International railway station, which will provide a 17-minute journey time into London, and two hours to Paris

Here is a proposed pic of the place and just look at the Enterprise :o

About time something like this happened
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

klute

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 October, 2012, 05:37:11 PM
By the time that opens my daughter will be 9 and my son 6... I can almost hear the conversation now...

My son will be 11 :) i can also hear the conversation
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

strontium71

I don't have children...I will imagine the conversation.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Who needs children, although I do have one! Are we not all children at heart :thumbsup:

Steve Green

I'm just going to dream of a Dredd-themed Alien War-style experience with Dark Judges and mutant incursions.

Albion

Quote from: strontium71 on 09 October, 2012, 05:56:52 PM
I don't have children...

Neither do I, but I do have two "sort of" grandsons.  :D

When the park opens one will be 13 and one will be 17, I hope they will still want to go to that sort of thing, I will!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

strontium_dog_90

Is it Paramount Pictures that control South Park? If so I could only imagine the fun of an attraction built around that . . ."The Scott Tenorman Experience" :-)

WhitBloke

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 October, 2012, 05:58:20 PM
Who needs children, although I do have one! Are we not all children at heart :thumbsup:

Quite right.  By the time that opens, I will have all the emotional and mental faculties of a 10 year old, be tall enough for all the rides, and have a few quid saved for to squander.  Who needs parents?

Odds on it's in receivership by 2021, mind.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Dandontdare

The write up in the Metro bangs on about Iron Man and Indiana Jones, but in the graphic, I see a big starship Enterprise!

Anybody have any children I can borrow to go see this?

Though that may actually sound weirder than going alone... :-\

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm hoping they put the Star Trek Experience in the park. Me and Caz thoroughly enjoyed this when it was at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas. Great props, entertaining ride and a visit to Quarks Bar, what more do you want!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: WhitBloke on 09 October, 2012, 08:05:43 PMOdds on it's in receivership by 2021, mind.
Depends whether they get the balance right and if travel links are reasonable. It's not far from the most populous area in the UK, and could conceivably also be a handy getaway for London-based tourists. Plus British adventure parks like Thorpe Park and Alton Towers seem to be doing OK.

COMMANDO FORCES

Just watched the opening of Meridian News and the Kuwaiti owner of Ebbsfleet United has thrown some money into this project. I so hope they build this park :D

The Kuwaiti owners of Ebbsfleet United have thrown their financial weight behind plans for a £2billion entertainment complex in Kent.

Kuwaiti European Holdings (KEH) has made a multi-million pound investment in the Paramount Park scheme proposed for the Swanscombe Peninsula.

Sources close to the UK developer London Resort Company Holdings (LRCH), which is spearheading the project, would not disclose the amount but acknowledged it is "a seven-figure sum". The company declined to comment.

The move is seen as a vote of confidence for the complex licensed by the Hollywood film giant. It is hoped it will encourage other potential investors.

Devons Daddy

That's worth going to kent for!!
Which s slightly out of my way in the grand scheme of things.

Without doubt a WOW
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!