Main Menu

Fans that never stopped reading thru the 90’s when did it turn around for you?

Started by metalmarc, 07 July, 2019, 10:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalmarc

I know there was a period in the 90's that isn't fondly remembered by some as a good time for 2000ad.

although that's when I got into it myself 13yrs old in 1995 after the movie - for about 2 years I think, I cannot even remember the last story I read, I just stopped buying 2000ad & the Megazine one day in about 1997 although I feel like I remember thinking some of it was underwhelming. I actually stopped because I was about to start my final year of school with my GCSE's & also I got into other hobbies.

What was the turnaround point for you? I'd love to know more about that era, like why did you stay with it all the way through, did you not mind it, but felt it could've been better?

Was it one specific prog where it felt like a fresh start?

What was the first big story then after that turnaround point that you knew Dredd & 2000ad was back on course to being the best again.

Is there a general consensus on what was considered the turning point or is it different for everyone?

Frank

Don't mean to be a dick, Marc, but there's already a current thread asking the same question:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=45912.0

All the best, mate.