Main Menu

What's your views on the following...

Started by WoD, 17 February, 2005, 04:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

According to the "Ask Wildstorm" Column, Swift's powers seem to be
a). Flying quite fast.
b). Super Strength.
c). "invulnerability to a certain extent" (eh?).

Oh and of course;
d). Being the token ethnic one.
e). Having big tits.

Will I. Cooling

Ellis Authority is brilliant, excellent characters combined with enjoyable OTT action all portrayed with the goregous artwork of Bryan Hitch. It also contains the most sensitive, moving gay kiss in superhero comics, which is naturally a big plus point.

Millar's Authority is a bit ropey partly because of the trouble with the art as they're forced to get fill ins for Quitely. Quitely's artwork is amazing and every issue he does is more than readable however the non-Quitely artists aren't so good. Chris Weston does a couple of issues and they're (can't believe I'm writing this) nothing special and ditto for the art at the end. As for the writing, its to my mind overly reliant on shock value and dodgy liberal power fantasies whilst Midnight/Apollo are written in a completely hideous way. The first Millar trade (his first arc shares a TPB with Ellis' last) is good enough to be well worth a read but the second is slighty iffy  unless you really love the characters/set up.

As for Robbie's...ugh, just ugh!!!

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Art

Anyone reading the Brubaker run? Usually i like his stuff but I've kind of lost interest in the characters.

Will I. Cooling

The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Krustabi

The Brubaker run is just the same old bobbins.

Krustabi

If anyone's remotely interested

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Henry Bendix has been revealed as the nefarious mastermind.

Art