Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

TheTooN

Woke up with a sore head this morning.  :crazy: :sick: I'd told myself I wasnt going to pay that much for one but I'm so weak after a few beers. As soon as I saw JB had one I was off to Ebay to look for one like a rat up a rope.

My browser should have a breathalyzer before it lets me on Ebay !

I'd been pinging PM's to Mezco asking if they would release a standalone black and white bike at a later date.  No plans to at this time. 'various reasons' why they only made the 50. Never say never though, I hope they do but they better change up the packaging so the SDCC one doesnt lose too much value. If its just an SDCC sticker difference I'll be feeling even more green than I was this morning.

Judge Brian

DCBService has told me that the standard black bike won't ship until 12/28/2016. That doesn't sound right. I'm assuming they get their stock from Diamond, I wonder what's the hold-up.

TheTooN

Waiting for new stock maybe ? Seems like a long time. Fingers crossed for you mate.

I managed to secure a 2nd SDCC set yesterday at cost + a tip for the guys time.

Messaged the Ebay seller to apologise and ask for a cancellation on the $500 set. 14 hours between buying and cancelling.

Seller not interested, no cancellation, no returns....package already gone to Fedex. Asked for the tracking info....cant give you it as the paperwork has 200 items on it and its against data protection. Sounded fishy to me but I said if he could provide proof of posting prior to my cancellation I'd accept it with good grace. I was at fault for drinking and Ebaying after all !

He said I was calling him a liar by asking for the proof of postage. Decided to end the conversation as it was going no-where.

Tracking info arrived at 4:14am this morning 12 hours after I asked for cancellation. Phoned Ebay and Paypal for advice, they say he shouldnt have sent it out after your cancellation. Wait for it to arrive, open a case and return. Worst case scenario I'll end up with 2 sets  :-[ :crazy:

As of last night sets were still available at Mezco's booth.

jflynn

If anyone knows anyone who could pick one up for me I would be eternally grateful!!! Really want toto  complete this collection but the current eBay prices are mental when import charges etc are factored in...

J.

TheTooN

I'll ask if the guys there again today, friend of a friend of a friend deal so I dont know either way. If he's still there I'll see if he's happy to PM you his facebook details.

Update on Ebay. Seller hasnt shipped, he printed the label at 4:14 am but its still with him. Wont accept a cancellation, wont accept a return. Messaged him to say this was silly but he's staying firm. I've bought from Ebay for years and years but selling seems to me to be a bit of a nightmare. I appreciate drunken buyers dont help at all and I feel embarrassed to have asked to cancel but feel I'm within my rights given the very short duration from hitting BIN and cancelling.

Dont drink and Ebay folks.  :-[

jflynn

Fair play man...fingers crossed...

J.

TheTooN

Just had a PM from the fella, there were still some available at the booth when he left yesterday but he's not attending today (its 1pm there now). Sorry to let you down. Maybe you could try contacting Mezco on FB and ask if there any left at the end of the con could you snag one.

jflynn

Massive thanks for the assist man...really appreciate it!!

J.

TheTooN

Good luck mate.

Pics from Mezco booth via there FB page. Love the pose on the black bike. No PX pic, dont know if its sold out or they just didnt have one there.

DKCX

Where's the best place to get both Dredd and lawmaster in black from at the best price and ship to Europe namely Ireland? I'm having trouble resisting!

jflynn

Forbidden Planet Dublin have the both the black and white Dredd and the black Dredd in stock (as of last week anyway). They are also due to get the black lawmaster in soon too...

TheTooN

I've bought from several different suppliers. Black Dredd and separate black bike both came via UK Ebay. £65 and £130 from memory, shipped within the UK. Might be another few Euros to ROI. Both were still for sale on there last time I looked. Blue PX Set was also still on Ebay at around £200ish.

jflynn

Mezco tells me that any additional stock of the Black and White Lawmaster set will be sold via the website. No confirmation of whether they had any left at the end of the con...

...keeping my fingers crossed...

TheTooN

Mezco will probably mention it on their facebook page first, assuming they do have stock left. First come first served, I dont imagine it will last long. 3A had a limited stock of SDCC Mongrol up on Bambaland and I'm told they didnt last 10 minutes. Missed out on that one myself.

Or, maybe they will run a competition, but they dont usually open those up to non US residents from what I've seen so far.

I'm the only idiot thats bitten the scalpers hand off to date, 2 up on US Ebay now but none sold since Friday night. If they dont move soon maybe they will start dropping the ransom.