Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I've loved the collection. My only gripe now is that I can't afford to get both at the same time. I'll have to finish the Dredd first then pick up the 2KAD one at volume whatever and hope to pick up the ones I've missed as I go. Proper bummer :(
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

BPP

So the next JD Mega Collection is 68 -meaning 12 (or 22 if you're planning on extending). Meaning 6 months (or 11 if extending). The Collection goes live end August. My JD stuff always arrived early in the month so I'd count that as  overlapping Septembers JD so approximately 10 issues of overlap or 5 months. But then if you were a test subscriber you get the first 3 free so overlap payments wise is 7 issues - 3.5 months. or 70 quid. Not great but liveable.

Does strike me as a complete incentive to jump ship off the Dredd collection at 80 tho.

Btw - for those in two minds and who didn't get the test run - these are absolutely lovely 2000AD reproductions - the best way the vast majority of these stories will ever appear in print.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Magnetica

I have the original reprints of the Horned God, which are on high quality paper. I am struggling to see why I should buy it again. Other than to get the essay.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: BPP on 05 August, 2017, 12:50:51 PMBtw - for those in two minds and who didn't get the test run - these are absolutely lovely 2000AD reproductions - the best way the vast majority of these stories will ever appear in print.
It'll be interesting to see how well earlier material fares, but 2000 AD stuff on the whole has been impressive, bar the odd niggle here and there. (Compare that to the dire Marvel-era Transformers stuff, which doesn't exactly benefit from Hachette hardbacks, in the same way some gorgeous artwork wouldn't save a DVD if the footage was 320x240px at 12FPS.)

rogue69

Glad to see they have made changes to the free gifts with this collection gone is the hip flask, belt buckle and the Blitzspear parking sign, now the free gifts are

- You will receive your FREE 2000 AD mug with your 1st delivery.
- You will receive your FREE issue with your 2nd delivery.
- You will receive your FREE wallet with your 3rd delivery.
- You will receive your FREE Future Shock! DVD in your 5th delivery.
- You will receive your FREE Bookends in your 7th delivery.
- You will receive your FREE 2000 AD Sketch Book in your 9th delivery.

Swerty

I'm trying to resist but it all looks too tempting.Is there a picture of the new Spine painting?

JaHawkDroid

Oooh those freebies are pretty damn good actually. Very incentivising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moly

Cool was needing a new wallet

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Swerty on 06 August, 2017, 08:04:10 PM
I'm trying to resist but it all looks too tempting.Is there a picture of the new Spine painting?

Here's a low-res one!

robert_ellis

It's making my eyes hurt trying to recognise the characters! Where's Zenith? And who's the person with their head on fire? No Judge Anderson? Nice to see Bad Company on the far right...

moly

Tomwe

Skizz, Ace Trucking, Durham Red, Dr & Quinch, stickleback. Bad company! Beyond those it's the usual suspect stars. Who else? 👍🏻
Quite pleased to not be seeing Zenith actually since I own that slipcase set.

Steve Green

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 August, 2017, 01:43:52 AM
It's making my eyes hurt trying to recognise the characters! Where's Zenith? And who's the person with their head on fire? No Judge Anderson? Nice to see Bad Company on the far right...

Demon Jenny from Caballistics.

There are Anderson stories in the Dredd collection, + there's that 10 volume extension to fill.

Eamonn Clarke

I'm having trouble getting my Hachette account to accept the subscriber number they have sent me.
Anyone else?

JaHawkDroid

Anyone else having issues adding the subscription number to a Hachette account?