Main Menu

Valley Of The Dead - Something Wicked

Started by Eddy Lyle, 05 November, 2019, 02:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy Lyle

Here to pimp 'Valley Of The Dead', a story that I illustrated (From a script by Karl Brandt and lettered by Dave Evans) for the new issue of 'Something Wicked' by Futurequake Press.

VOD marks the first time that I have illustrated a project 100% digitally.

'Something Wicked' available for purchase at: www.futurequake.co.uk/
(Also available soon through comixology)

Karl Brandt's website: knbrandt.wordpress.com/

Bolt-01

Eddy has absolutely knocked it out of the park on this strip, so much so that when I knew I needed a strip to run on the back cover - this was the obvious choice.

Those of you who have already ordered the comic will see why, and if you want a copy yourself - either come see me at Thought Bubble or get your order in soon so I can get it in the post to you tomorrow!

JayzusB.Christ

Brilliant!  Love those movement lines; not everyone can pull them off but that's perfect
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eddy Lyle

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 05 November, 2019, 11:31:53 AM
Eddy has absolutely knocked it out of the park on this strip, so much so that when I knew I needed a strip to run on the back cover - this was the obvious choice.

Those of you who have already ordered the comic will see why, and if you want a copy yourself - either come see me at Thought Bubble or get your order in soon so I can get it in the post to you tomorrow!

Thanks man, you are too kind. I had a great script to work with, thanks to Karl.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Woah. That is really something. I hate to use the term 'professional' WRT small-press work (as if 'amateur' was some kind of slight  ::)), but that's what that is.

Richard

Bolt-01

Copies of the book are available from - The FQP Webshop for all of you who want to see just 'how' stunning the rest of the work in the book is as well.

Robin Low

I really like the speckling/thrown sand effect. It shows up really well in the tomb scene where you have the contrast between the solid black of the human figures and the pictures on the wall.

Regards,

Robin

GordyM

Very nice artwork. As others have said great sense of motion and energy in the car chase page.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file