Main Menu

Planet Replicas - the Artists Collection

Started by Dash Decent, 03 May, 2014, 04:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

COMMANDO FORCES

Look at that lanky git in the background!

Dunk!

Blimey. Ah, ah, are we coming closer to an actual decent Dredd statue coming on the market finally?

*pinches self*

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dunk!

+ where and when does the campaign to get one for Mr McMahon start?

Dunk! - never a leader or an organiser be.
"Trust we"

Hawkmumbler

I'm not in for statues normally, but I'll be having one of them. Bloody magnificent.

Pete Wells

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 July, 2014, 12:54:02 AM
Look at that lanky git in the background!

Molcher?

I frigging LOVE that statue - best one ever.

Steve Green

Tweeted by Planet Replicas...

The long arm of the law...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Steve Green on 27 July, 2014, 12:47:15 PM
And a few more pics here...

http://www.tomopop.com/post_gallery_one_photo.phtml?post_key=35175&photo_key=205084

Hmf. More put out by the pic of the Mk1 Lawgiver for $135 including shipping. That's £80. In the UK, it's £125 plus shipping. Even if you add UK VAT onto that dollar price, it's still only £96 with included shipping. :-(

(Like the look of the McMahon figure, though...)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

A similar question came up on the PR facebook page, and there was (from what I remember) a pretty reasonable explanation about the prices. I can't find the post though.

I thought it might have been that they're all shipped from the UK, so the UK shipping is less, but the product is priced higher and vice versa for the US, but I don't think that was the reason.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Is this going to be in colour, like the Harrap statues?
Lock up your spoons!

Steve Green

I don't think it's been stated yet.

Some people have asked for b/w versions, others an unpainted one so they can paint it themselves.

Black and White avoids a few issues from that era, like the yellow/gold elbow/kneepads, and it's also a Black and White piece that it's based on.

Fungus

That figure - I can't call it a 'statue' * - is the first of its kind that I don't actively hate. Which amazes me. It's a stunning, um, item.

* Looked up 'statue' out of curiosity, and due to its size, what you have there is a statuette or figurine.

Steve Green

What if it's a statue of a smallish drawing of a life-size person?