Main Menu

Planet Replicas - the Artists Collection

Started by Dash Decent, 03 May, 2014, 04:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

I think it's the lack of an energetic pose which I like quite a lot. Looks solid and immovable, just like a classic Mick McMahon Dredd. He could have a herd of charging T-Rex, or a full scale riot going on behind him.

I can image a Carlos Ezquerra 'Johnny Alpha' statue, doing the simple 'holding up a warrant pad pose' as a good companion.

And then making up some kind of luxury oversized chess set from all the 2000AD characters.

;)

Bhuna

Any news on the pre-ordering and cost yet??  :(
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Steve Green

Not yet, a newsletter went out yesterday which said it's all sorted out, but no news on pricing/ordering yet.

Spikes

Its certainly a very impressive piece.
Now that we also have the Unbox Industries Dredd coming soon(?), i'm not totally sure as to which one i prefer now....

Try and get both....?

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's some photo's and a bit of info about this statue from up Thought Bubble, via the Cellar :o

Artists Collection on display

Dandontdare

My views on the four:

Unpainted - hope not, I'd have to pay someone less kak-handed than me to paint it properly.
Full colour - I'm not agin the idea, but I didn't like this one at all. I'm guessing that the actual paint job would be far more subtle, but it was just too bright and plasticky in this version.
Grey - Like it. like it a lot.
B / W - I know some people really didn't like this one, but I loved it! Pure McMahon inking!

I'd certainly buy 3 or 4, and could probably be talked into the others tbh - it is a lovely sculpt.

Steve Green

I think the unpainted one was just off the back of a couple of comments made from people who had specific ideas of what they'd like - just makes it easier for them.

The grey and b/w versions seemed to be the most popular.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Pete Wells on 03 September, 2014, 09:56:13 PM
Limited to 350 pieces  :o

I love this statue so very much, I really, really can't wait!

http://www.planetreplicas.com/#!Artists-Collection-First-look-at-Work-In-Progress/c1dzq/3A4D80F2-6242-4C18-9B46-6EDC0103C1EC

After your 'disgusting' cosplay routine this weekend, Planet Replicas should ban you from ordering their merch!!!!!

Steve Green

Judge Jimp was Pete Wells?

I am shocked and dismayed.

James

I really like the B&W painted one-it's the only one that actually looks like McMahon drew it. As I said earlier in the thread, Neca released Ninja Turtles figures a few years ago in full colour and black and white in the same style-I got a set of the colour ones, but never managed to get the black and white ones. I'm gutted about that on a daily basis.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 17 November, 2014, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 03 September, 2014, 09:56:13 PM
Limited to 350 pieces  :o

I love this statue so very much, I really, really can't wait!

http://www.planetreplicas.com/#!Artists-Collection-First-look-at-Work-In-Progress/c1dzq/3A4D80F2-6242-4C18-9B46-6EDC0103C1EC

Disgusting? How dare you?

After your 'disgusting' cosplay routine this weekend, Planet Replicas should ban you from ordering their merch!!!!!

Steve Green

Spikes

The grey painted one looks fantastic, but Im not that keen on the others tbh.

Make it grey!

Steve Green

The grey tone one certainly seemed to be favourite at TB.