Main Menu

Planet Replicas - the Artists Collection

Started by Dash Decent, 03 May, 2014, 04:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

A bit more from their FB page.

"Thanks for all the comments on the Statue Range!

Being 1/10th scale the price should be very fair for everyone.

We intend to do as many artists of Dredd as possible, alternating between releases of other great 2000 AD characters...

One other sweetener for everyone- A quantity of preorders made before release will end up with a Signed, Ltd Edition print of the statue artwork by the relevant artist too*

*Depending on Artists availability,naturally"

COMMANDO FORCES

Lots of Dredd statues, nice! I'll have a row of those at the front of the display before you know it. Right, I'm off to look for some sort of stepped display thing now, so every character is seen, rather than just the heads of all those behind the front row.

Mikey

Looking forward to seeing these! There's also a McMahon based (i think) Dredd statue/figure coming soon from Unbox, who did the Death plush. There's been a few teasers on their FB page.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

8-Ball

Quote from: Mikey on 08 May, 2014, 07:43:09 PM
Looking forward to seeing these! There's also a McMahon based (i think) Dredd statue/figure coming soon from Unbox, who did the Death plush. There's been a few teasers on their FB page.

M

I like the idea of a McMahon statue in the classic big boots early-eighties styling but I would be even more interested in a skinny, small shoulder pads 1977-era Dredd.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest post from Planet Replicas and it's this 'work in progress' picture

radiator

Nice. It looks a little 'soft' to me - I was imaging a more chiselled, angular look, but maybe that's because it's still wip or due to the limitations of making something that works in 3d.

Hawkmumbler

Dandontdare

Pete Wells

Absolutely desperate for this! I'm on my holidays in the first week of August so I hope I don't miss 'em!

Colin YNWA

That's a bit special isn't it. Doubt I'll be able to afford it (or justify the cost) but for those that can and do they have a beaut.

Steven Sterlacchini

I'll take two.

I'll try and work out a way of putting joints in the other one to make an action figure  :D

Dash Decent

It's not quite there yet, but it's looking good.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bhuna

Love it.

I wonder who'll the next artist they will take on? Bolland, Biz, Dillon, Kennedy??
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Steve Green

I guess it depends on the popularity of the artist.

Dredd sells, but it would be nice to see a Carlos Strontium Dog - or if they continue with Dredd, maybe a 'moment in Dredd' would be cool.

An Apocalypse War era Dredd with a stub-gun after Carlos, or a sculpt of the Gaze into the fist of Dredd panel maybe? Flying fragments would be a bit tricky though.

Spikes

Anyone got a rough idea as to what this may cost?