Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

If anyone had boasted buying any of the unlicensed figures on here i'm sure Jim would have been the first in line to grill them. I honestly don't remember seeing anyone post a picture on it.

Judge Mental

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 10:25:30 AM
Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 10:18:43 AM
I have seen a picture with a member here with the Art figure someone who actually post that is wrong for anyone to buy knock offs

Sorry, I'm struggling to work out what you're trying to say here, or what you're referring to when you say "Art figure".

I think my position on this is pretty clear: if it's licensed, great; if it's not then I don't care how good the product is, it's not OK to buy it. If other people can square such a purchase with their conscience, well, that's up to them but if they then choose to denounce other people for doing the same then they deserve to be called out for being massive fucking hypocrites.

Jim

The Chinese Dredd action figure art figures were who made it, I never said they boasted I said I saw a pic of the person having one

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
The Chinese Dredd action figure art figures were who made it, I never said they boasted I said I saw a pic of the person having one

Lots of people have bought them, including some people I quite like. I can understand the temptation — it's a fantastic figure. I won't pretend I'm not disappointed that they've done so, but we've all done things that have disappointed other people — I'm not going to be a dick about it.

On the other hand, if you're going to make a point of denouncing unlicensed products and/or the purchase of same, and then do exactly that, you deserve calling out as a hypocrite.

(All of which has to be balanced against the fact that you've only made three posts on this forum, all on this thread in the last few minutes which raises a little suspicion that you're really just stirring.)

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Judge Mental

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 10:38:10 AM
Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 10:28:21 AM

Lots of people have bought them, including some people I quite like. I can understand the temptation — it's a fantastic figure. I won't pretend I'm not disappointed that they've done so, but we've all done things that have disappointed other people — I'm not going to be a dick about it.

On the other hand, if you're going to make a point of denouncing unlicensed products and/or the purchase of same, and then do exactly that, you deserve calling out as a hypocrite.

(All of which has to be balanced against the fact that you've only made three posts on this forum, all on this thread in the last few minutes which raises a little suspicion that you're really just stirring.)

Jim

Im sorry so by asking a question im stirring which apparently you have all just said is wrong to another member here earlier today when the same thing happened to him elsewhere so who are the Hypocrites now?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 10:43:05 AM
Im sorry so by asking a question im stirring which apparently you have all just said is wrong to another member here earlier today when the same thing happened to him elsewhere so who are the Hypocrites now?

I'm sorry, I genuinely can't extract your meaning from that sentence. I apologise if English isn't your first language but if you've got something to say, bloody well say it.

Jim

Judge Mental

Forget it I have been lurking here awhile but if a persons importance is decided by their post count I would rather not stay, I asked a question but that's stirring sorry to have taken your time

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 10:48:43 AM
Forget it I have been lurking here awhile but if a persons importance is decided by their post count I would rather not stay, I asked a question but that's stirring sorry to have taken your time

I didn't say any such thing, I just genuinely can't work out what you're trying to say. I don't think I could have been any clearer: if someone who's bought one of these things is also slagging people off for buying them, then — in my opinion — that person is a hypocrite. I don't know how much more clearly I can state that.

Jim

Judge Mental

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 February, 2015, 10:38:10 AM

Jim

Ok but I hope you will call out those that are hypocrites

Dandontdare

the person that I think you refer to (it was the chap who's making a 1/6 lawmaster) said that he was given the figure as a present and didn't buy it - now that may or may not be true, but I wouldn't expect someone to throw away something that had been given them, but the point stands - Don't support the rip-off merchants.

Judge Mental

Richmond Clements

There's a world of difference between scratch building or converting figures, as some here do (and I *think* that's what you are talking about) and a company creating a product without permission, and people buying that product KNOWING IT IS ILLEGAL.

Judge Mental

Again im talking about seeing a picture of a member here with this bootleg figure a member that posts on this thread and is always saying bootlegs are wrong, how he got the figure I do not know but surely even if its a gift you would refuse it?

Hawkmumbler

It would help if we knew who you're talking about.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge Mental on 06 February, 2015, 11:59:31 AM
Again im talking about seeing a picture of a member here with this bootleg figure a member that posts on this thread and is always saying bootlegs are wrong, how he got the figure I do not know but surely even if its a gift you would refuse it?

Gotcha. Agreed.