Main Menu

Tank Girl meets Bruce Willis.

Started by Dunk!, 12 March, 2010, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Radbacker

that fraken arsom!!!!
Looks like it would've cost a pretty penny though I had to double take the band men=mbers, though it was dudes in masks or something not CGI, vry impressive.
An I could watch Bruce Willis doing anything.

CU Radbacker

radiator

Pretty cool, but I think the Gorillaz always look better in their original 2D form - the video would have looked cooler with the characters cell animated on top of the footage rather than CGI.

Kev Levell

It's weird, I'm not sure whether I actually like Gorillaz because of Hewlett, that song was really irritating me by the end.
I saw the Hewlett Exhibition at the design museum ages ago - it was pretty cool, but just left me wanting an art of Jamie Hewlett book and the Cream of Tank Girl is not enough and too much at the same time, if you know what I mean!
I agree with radiator, the 2D stuff works much better, conceptually and graphically.
Unless the CD has some knock-out art, I'm going to find it hard to shell out for this...

M.I.K.

There are quite a few preview video clips on YouTube from the new album and all of those depict the band two-dimensionally and the promotional artwork I've seen is also in 2D, so it doesn't look like they've been given some kind of rubbish 3D makeover or anything like that.

Mardroid

I liked it.

While I do like the 2-D version of the characters, I thought these 3-D versions looked nicely freaky. I certainly don't see them as rubbish 3-D though as they were never meant to be realistic. They're a 3-D cartoon, and nicely rendered.

I liked the fat cop's attempt to roll over the bonnet of the car. It's a gag i've seen before, but it still works. And crawling towards the donuts... (What was with the black figure by the way? It was familiar for some reason.)

And Willis and his big revolver. That was an impressive weapon. (I'm still a kid at heart in some ways.)

M.I.K.

Didn't mean the 3D versions of them were rubbish, just that to permanently render them that way would be.

JOE SOAP

Noisybast

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 March, 2010, 03:47:32 PM
What was with the black figure by the way? It was familiar for some reason.

Looked a hell of a lot like Morpheus/Dream to me.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mardroid

Quote from: Noisybast on 12 March, 2010, 11:19:45 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 12 March, 2010, 03:47:32 PM
What was with the black figure by the way? It was familiar for some reason.

Looked a hell of a lot like Morpheus/Dream to me.

That's it! The way he appears when he is first summoned! Thanks.

ThryllSeekyr

Now, if they were to do remake of Westworld, I nominate Bruce Willis for the role of robot the gunslinger bad guy.

I reckon he even has similar shaped ears to Yul Brynner.