Main Menu

Prog 2033: I am the resurrection

Started by IndigoPrime, 26 May, 2017, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

Quote from: Pete Wells on 30 May, 2017, 07:20:52 AM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 29 May, 2017, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 28 May, 2017, 08:55:12 PM
Lovely surprise to see McCarthy on Dredd. Superb!

Oh yes, a McCarthy Dredd, everything about this residency has been glorious and long may they continue.

I'm hoping a cover will be next, and for me someone needs to give Brendan McCarthy another script to get his teeth into soon (I've given up hope for more Zaucer o' Zilk) to showcase his brilliance  :thumbsup:

A cover IS next  :D

Great news, I could feel it in my water, hooray!  :thumbsup:

Geoff

Love a McCarthy Dredd! Or a McCarthy anything really...and great to hear they'll be a cover.

Really enjoying Brink, does move quite slowly but I find it very atmospheric. The lurid colours are quite disorientating but in a way that serves the story well. Still liking Scarlett Traces and Deadworld to some extent.

Not that fond of Defoe or indeed this weeks cover... 

norton canes

Cover: OK, very Klarion as mentioned upthread. On the whole I prefer covers by the strip's artist, would love to see a Defoe cover by MacNeil. 

Dredd: Always a pleasure to see Brendan McCarthy, in fact the whole story has an 80's prog vibe to it.

Brink: Excellent as ever. I agree that it's harder to evaluate Brink on an episodic basis, but I don't think it suffers from being split into instalments, and I certainly don't think it would only work as a trade paperback. Dan Abnett seems to put a lot of consideration into how instalments end, and I like the fact that each instalment works as a clearly-defined chapter.

Defoe: I won't join the great Pat Mills debate, suffice to say that while I'm enjoying Defoe, I'm glad that not every strip is written this way. But then, that's true of every 20000AD story.

Scarlet Traces: Hey, for the first time, this might just be my favourite story of the prog. That's a really good twist, brilliantly executed.

Deadworld: Five pages not enough! Was hoping for a better (i.e. longer) encounter with Fear. Oh well, looking forward to its return. Does anyone know how many books we should expect before it reaches its conclusion?

Link Prime

Quote from: Pete Wells on 30 May, 2017, 07:25:41 AM
While we're discussing covers, my droid-foo was REALLY scuppered this week. When I saw Paul's great Defoe cover, I instantly thought it was King Carlos. The colours, the composition, the Judgement Day-esque reeks, the Angela Digriz-like hair of young Daniel all screamed Carlos to me.

I don't think I can give a higher compliment!

It's a great cover, maybe my favorite so for of 2017.

NapalmKev

It's just as well I keep reading the stories I'm not initially keen on because Brink has grown on me - the last two parts in particular.

Still, not as good as Deadworld which is stunning! Let's hope it's back soon!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Theblazeuk

I have only ever skipped Ostriches.