Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm trying to figure out what the sneck is in front of it!
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

vzzbux

Sorry just ornate perfume bottles I am afraid and Star Wars hard backs behind the candle. Good spot on the unusual sex encyclopedia. A silly gift to the missus from her parents and yes there is some god awful stuff in there.
I do apologise for the Twilight shite and there is alot of wishy washy nonsense hidden in there.
No one spotted the Action Man Books? (Not the toy encyclopedia).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mabs

I've run out of shelf space and have now resorted to stacking my graphic novels on top of my wardrobe! I know it's a sorry sight and these books deserve better....

I think a trip to IKEA is in order!  :D

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Tombo

At the moment most of my non-2000AD trades are scattered across several bookcases but the other day I had a bit of a tidy up and decided to see what they'd look like in one place.

Trout

Oh, nice work, Tombo.

Mabs, you disappoint us. Fix it, man!  :)

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 07 January, 2014, 01:53:21 PM

yeah get across to Colin's mancave thread and see how it's done  :thumbsup:

I've just repainted Huff Mansion's Westwing Library and reshelved, will try and pop up a piccy

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Those shelves of matching US size trades are rather lovely Tombo. I sometimes wish that the comics world could agree one uniform size for everything it would make shelving so much easier, a lot less fun but easier and the end product of the only change being the spines as you move from series to series is very nice.

Proudhuff get that camera working.

Mabs

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 January, 2014, 01:56:47 PM
Quote from: Trout on 07 January, 2014, 01:53:21 PM

yeah get across to Colin's mancave thread and see how it's done  :thumbsup:

I've just repainted Huff Mansion's Westwing Library and reshelved, will try and pop up a piccy

I already had a sneak at Colin's mancave, and I'm as envious as hell man! :D

And Tombo, you have all the B.P.R.D hardbacks?! Wow. I need to finish off my collection.... :-\
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Tombo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 January, 2014, 02:06:15 PM
Those shelves of matching US size trades are rather lovely Tombo. I sometimes wish that the comics world could agree one uniform size for everything it would make shelving so much easier, a lot less fun but easier and the end product of the only change being the spines as you move from series to series is very nice.

If only they would, it would be a wonderful place if that would happen.

@Mabs - The B.P.R.D. hardbacks were on offer on Amazon back in 2012, I think I paid about £45 for the first three (plus next day delivery) mostly because I couldn't find a copy of the third regular volume for love or money (or at least less than £20) anywhere and I'd read that the older sized books were been phased out of print.

James Stacey

I sometimes wish that the comics world could agree one uniform size for everything it would make shelving so much easier, a lot less fun but easier and the end product of the only change being the spines as you move from series to series is very nice.
I sometimes wish that the comics world could agree one uniform spine style or even just one spine style per series.

Proudhuff

spookily enough, I just purged my 2k and Dredd annuals from the shelf, relegated to below stairs cupboards!
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

You think western comics are bad, manga publishers are constantly out doing one another to see who can produce the smallest TPB. My collection looks like a sea of pointed edges and cliff like drops. It's frustrating.