Main Menu

Prog 2097 - Psychos A-Go-Go!

Started by sheridan, 04 September, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Have I missed something here - I went looking for this week's prog thread but can't see it anywhere?

Behind a Neil Googe and Gary Caldwell cover there's a quick comp for Realm of the Damned: Signum Draconis before the prog proper.

Judge Dredd: The Booth Conspiracy Part 3 opens with a few one-liners about protests in MC1 before things start hotting up.

Survival Geeks: Slack n' Hash Part Two visits a few slasher film tropes (unsurprisingly) mixed in with a few teen flick elements.

The Order: The New World Part 11 shows us possibly our first glimpse of the Wormrealm, unless I've forgotten something from previous stories.

Mechastopheles: True Faith Part 6 people run about, things get smashed, burning happens.

Adverts for Misty Volume 3 and The Ballad of Halo Jones Volume 3 share a page (I have various editions of Halo, but I'll look forward to Misty - keeps getting released just before my birthday too).

Grey Area: Evidence - things start to converge, loving the dialogue on page four.

Admins - if I've somehow not been able to see the pre-existing prog thread, please merge!

SIP

Ha ha, see the "No prog!" Thread sir  ;)

IndigoPrime

All the digital subscribers hoping to bag that first Prog thread will never speak to you again now, sheridan.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 September, 2018, 08:41:18 PM
All the digital subscribers hoping to bag that first Prog thread will never speak to you again now, sheridan.

:)

What I don't understand is why they didn't already bag it - what day do they get access?

sheridan

Quote from: SIP on 04 September, 2018, 08:33:27 PM
Ha ha, see the "No prog!" Thread sir  ;)

Yeah, came across that just after starting this thread - probably the only new prog thread I'll ever start (I support my local FCBS so am unlikely to subscribe in the near future).

Trout

Hello. It's 7:35 p.m. here in Ontario and I am progged up!

Top monster action in Mechastopheles and The Order, an excellent episode of Dredd and some hearty laughs from Survival Geeks. I'm not into Grey Area but I know others are.

Digi-thrills win this time!

- Trout

broodblik

Again another solid prog. The cover is a horror classics of yesterday par excellence captured by Neil Googe. He really continues to deliver on cover duty

Mechastopheles and The Order are the top thrills with the Dredd story really good as well.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: sheridan on 04 September, 2018, 08:58:17 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 September, 2018, 08:41:18 PM

:)

What I don't understand is why they didn't already bag it - what day do they get access?

Wednesday morning, just arrived on my iPad.

broodblik

The digital version is available just after midnight (GMT time). I might be wrong but that is my understanding  :P
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Geoff

Am I the first to get his paper prog!?

Glad it's here...but can't say it was worth the wait.

Not keen on the Booth JD storyline and Grey Area, the other strip that was holding my interest, seems to be getting rather bogged down... The rest is just lame.

For me, the prog's been in the doldrums for a few months now, hope the jump-on prog livens things up..

Woolly

Got the paper prog!
Loving Dredd at the moment, but mainly due to Staz Johnson's art.
The story is a good one, but this episode barely moves the story on - [spoiler]Dredd gave the basic plot for this week in the final panel last week...[/spoiler]

Not much else getting me fired up at the minute, but the prog does look incredibly good! Always a pleasure to skim past Neil Googe's stuff*

*(That wasn't meant to sound offensive - I'm just not the biggest fan of Survival Geeks!)

sheridan

I didn't like the 3hriller Mechastopheles, but the series is growing on me now - I'll have to give it a read through once it's finished to see how it all holds up.

Colin YNWA

Little disappointed with the Prog this week. Its small changes and maybe the beginning of an end that might be disappointing.

Dredd is my biggest issue. I've enjoyed the slow build of the Sons of Booth storyline but I'm worried at this point that the end seems to be set up as a simple sting that at this point will lead to a simple, show down. I should of course have more faith that this may have one interesting turn left in it. At this point I'm not sure I see where its coming from... which does of course mean if we do get one this will have been a good set up... if we don't...

Survival Geeks may have had an opening that I really liked but its slipping back into standard fare this week. Again maybe I should have more faith...

Mechrunningaroundidon'treallycareabout just isn't engaging me, I have no faith in this one anymore

Thanks the heavens then for The Order which remains great and particularly Grey Area which is simply superb. The final first half of which starts to develop the plot the second half of which is just a glorious piece of work. The exchange been Resting Bitch Face and Kymn is just an absolute delight.

So yeah a Prog building to big finishes should require quite so much faith to be needed and only two of them actually deliver.

Dandontdare

Well I've gotta stick up for this prog. After a lacklustre spell, this week was an improvement.

Dredd - I like this storyline - I always enjoy a justice dept procedural so I liked Dredd' plan. Since when has a 'Dredd's plan works and he busts the perps' resolution been a bad thing? Colin hopes it won't be that "simple" but that kind f thinking leads to invisible ninja judges in the walls. Give me dumb perps getting their comeuppance any day.

Mechistopheles - the 3hriller didn't really stick in my memory and big demon robot fights get boring if you don't care about any of the characters, but I'm with Sheridan - it's groing on me as the individuals are fleshed out.

Survival geeks - good fun (can only identify two of the four weapons though!). I think the prog needs a funny strip and that's always been a minefield of subjectivity, but I think this one fills that gap nicely.

Grey Area - I almost don't want to read on because I can see how horrible this world that Abnett's created is and where it's going to lead the team, but by golly it' some powerful writing and art.

The Order -The Armoured Gideon reveal didn't do much for me but I find if you hang in for the firt few confusing rollercoaster episodes, it doe begin to gel - and then takes a three month break. I don't care as long as I can see John Burns' sumptuous art in the prog.

In summary, strips that left me indifferent are perking up, the funnies are funny and Dredd, as always, just keeps drokkin' on. Pretty much all I can ask of a prog.