Main Menu

the complete Nemesis collection?

Started by johnone, 06 July, 2006, 01:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnone

I saw that rebellion are going to do the same with Nemesis reprints that they are doing with the complete Dredd so a quick question , how many Books will be in the First collection , I already have the Titan reprint of the first 2 books but I am wondering will it be collected up to vol 4 and the gothic empire, Just wondering as I consider the ending of book 4 as the true end of Nemesis(after that it just became silly!Like Rogue trooper on horst)

ukdane

I think I heard 3 books all in all. So each series would be collected accordingly-
I image case file 1 will collect books 1, 2, & 3.
File 2 collect the next 3, and the final file collecting the last 4.

Hope they don't call them case files though, as that's a bit too Dreddy.
Cheers

-Daney

Darryl

Will they have the (in)famous photo strips? I can remember if they are part of the 'canon'.

Ill be buying these thats for sure.

Dark Jimbo

Hope the paper is a bit better than with the Case Files, seeing as there'll onlybe three books in the series. It certainly deserves it.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Amstor Computer

I'd be pleasantly surprised if the stock was better - it's one of the main reasons I was keen for the books to be published as shorter books in the typical "rainbow spine" format Rebellion have been using. I can go with the thicker volumes and lower-quality paper stock for series like Dredd - it's really the only practical way to collect such a long series - but for shorter series like Rogue Trooper or Nemesis, I'd prefer the higher quality of the "rainbow spine" books.

Noisybast

Seconded. Nemesis is a classic series, easily on a par with Rogue Trooper, Sam Slade, Slaine et al. Definitely deserves the "rainbow spine" treatment...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

johnone

Yeah I agree ,rainbow spine also allows us to be more selective hence I was able to stop collecting Rogue at the end of the search of the Traitor General and avoid horst which lets face it where was the series lost it, I hope they collect all four books in the first volume or go for rainbow spine editions cause  after the gothic empire saga ended the series went rapidly downhill even the creators knew it it with the truly patheic finale they printed in prog 2000 , where as I like to remember Nemesis going out in style.

J.Smith

Carlsborg Expert

How long do you think it would take to collect all 10 books up?

Did Flint only do book Ten?

Steve Green

I think so, (apart from Kev O'Neill on the last episode).

He also did a Deadlock series set on Termight. Not sure whether that would be included in a Nemesis collection though.

Cheers

Steve

paulvonscott

Ideally that Deadlock series would be, because it served as a postscript to the Nemesis series.

Carlsborg Expert

cheers

and, that first question in full;

How long will it take for all ten books to be completed in this Case Files format?

It'd be nice to set a budget for each one.

Floyd-the-k

A complete Nemesis would both rock and roll! I'd buy it regardless of what colour the spine was

IndigoPrime

:: How long will it take for all ten books to be completed in
:: this Case Files format?

It depends what's included?how "complete" it is. By my count, post-book 4, there are just over 500 pages of strip, which means everything, including the Deadlock "epilogue" could fit within two more chunky Case Study-sized volumes.