Main Menu

UNDT Round 1 - Judges outside Mega City One (Heroes)

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 July, 2020, 06:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 July, 2020, 03:21:56 PM
One day, before you get sick of these things I will get to my 'Greatest not Walter competition' for best 'sidekicks'!

Surely that'd be a tie between Mawia and Herman Ferguson*

*Fergie from the film, not Fergee from the comic ;)

Funt Solo

Only Hollywood could go from an insane bat-wielding simpleton in a sewer, always surrounded by his miasma of pestilence, to ... just some guy. (And then cast the guy who sounds like a simpleton as Dredd.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Colin YNWA

I think we have a clear winner but again that runners up slot is well and truly up for grabs. You yes YOU can make all the difference... well unless you've voted already in which case you can't .... but you might have done already and so its just as vali... oh look I'm closing this in the morning so last chance to vote if you haven't.

Colin YNWA

Voting closed - but as ever please keep the conversation going and keep going.

This one has been pretty cut and dry from the top. So much so that neither Preacher Cain, nor Inaba really got started. Simple and by the book then. Well no. Were as for the Writers comp I never once had to make a call for the second time in the first 6 votes I've got to make a call. Voting was so consistent that we have a tie. The top twp slots simply couldn't be seperated So while Metta Lawson and Devlin Waugh are through to the second round it falls to me to make the call as to which character get through...

... strangely the answer is simple. While I love Lawless the strip above almost all others (well possibly above all others, but thats for another vote!) when it comes to both strips leads it might be a different story. Lawless has a wonderful cast of many brilliant characters and I love Metta Lawson. But Devlin Waugh is Devlin Waugh and he is so obviously full of character, he positively drips character from ever possible place and so it with a strangely heavy heart I around the round winner to

Devlin Waugh

With

Metta Lawson

very close behind. Jez how do you folks make these calls every day???!!!

AlexF

Super fair. Lawless as a story may be, on the whole, a cut about Devlin Waugh - but as characters, Waugh is surely the winner.

maryanddavid