Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreacherCain

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/10/director-drama-heats-up-on-dredd.html

There's the link to the LA times article. Mentioning films like Prince of Persia and G.I. Joe as recent examples where this happened. And using a pic from the 1995 film to boot :-X

IAMTHESYSTEM

They seem as almost as dissapointed at said events as the rest of us.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Michaelvk

I'd not put toooo much weight on the article.. Considering they also refer to it as a remake of the 95 movie..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

This was always Garland's vehicle, Travis was only brought in as a technical director to facilitate Garland with footage gathering. If the rumours are true, maybe those 'boundaries' became blurred as Travis realised he may get shafted, for whatever reasons. If it fails, a lot of the blame should lie with Garland. The 'leak' feels as though it was deliberately released to provoke and no official statement has come forth.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 October, 2011, 08:15:15 PM
This was always Garland's vehicle, Travis was only brought in as a technical director to facilitate Garland with footage gathering. If the rumours are true, maybe those 'boundaries' became blurred as Travis realised he may get shafted, for whatever reasons. If it fails, a lot of the blame should lie with Garland. The 'leak' feels as though it was deliberately released to provoke and no official statement has come forth.

Interesting, as most of your posts on this thread just blame on Garland? You dont like him?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 10 October, 2011, 08:20:44 PMInteresting, as most of your posts on this thread just blame on Garland? You dont like him?

I don't know him or care much but if the rumours of seeking a co-directing credit are true, he's pretty much an ego-maniac, especially if he only sought for his director to act like a stooge thorugh the shoot and post-prod.

SKD

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 October, 2011, 08:25:27 PM

I don't know him or care much but if the rumours of seeking a co-directing credit are true, he's pretty much an ego-maniac, especially if he only sought for his director to act like a stooge thorugh the shoot and post-prod.

I think the magic word there is 'rumours'.

Stew.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SKD on 10 October, 2011, 08:33:28 PMI think the magic word there is 'rumours'.

Stew.

and if you read my previous post I think you'll find I emphasised that in the first place.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 October, 2011, 08:25:27 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 10 October, 2011, 08:20:44 PMInteresting, as most of your posts on this thread just blame on Garland? You dont like him?

The updated statement on the link says specifically that Garland is NOT seeking a co-director credit.

JOE SOAP

I don't think he would legally be allowed to claim it even if he did want it.

JOE SOAP

Update, 12:23 pm. Monday: Travis and Garland released a joint statement that read, "During all stages of the filmmaking, 'Dredd' has been a collaboration between a number of dedicated creative parties.  From the outset we decided on an unorthodox collaboration to make the film.  This situation has been misinterpreted.  To set the record straight, Pete was not fired and remains a central part of the collaboration, and Alex is not seeking a co-director credit.  We are all extremely proud of the film we have made, and respectfully suggest that it is judged on viewing when its released next year."

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 October, 2011, 09:28:29 PM
Update, 12:23 pm. Monday: Travis and Garland released a joint statement that read, "During all stages of the filmmaking, 'Dredd' has been a collaboration between a number of dedicated creative parties.  From the outset we decided on an unorthodox collaboration to make the film.  This situation has been misinterpreted.  To set the record straight, Pete was not fired and remains a central part of the collaboration, and Alex is not seeking a co-director credit.  We are all extremely proud of the film we have made, and respectfully suggest that it is judged on viewing when its released next year."

Then it still ok! :) relax everyone! No panic!

DKCX

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 October, 2011, 09:28:29 PM
What do you think? Damage control or the truth?
I can buy it to a certain degree and maybe Alex is still involved in a reduced capacity and that was the plan all along.

vzzbux

I kept the faith from the start and will keep doing until the date of the release and proof will then be in the pudding.
At least it got us nuts sounding off and gave us something to feed on.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

It doesn't reveal anything but Alex & DNA are the driving force behind this film, final cut is theirs since they are producing it, not Pete's. If Pete had a co-producer credit on the film it would be different. Producers hold the power.