Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

... I played it safe and just bought 2.* But the £1.99 postage regardless of amount of books isn't that prohibitive.

Hopefully the sale will still be on when I start work.

*Necropolis and Judgement day in case you were interested. I was going to continue from where I left off (and I do hope to eventually get them all) but I figured if it's going to be a while before I get more (it might not be. There's a couple of work prospects coming up, but I wont hold my breath) I might as well get 2 books containing stories I have not read before. (I haven't read Oz, but I didn't find a Chopper story that appealing. Sorry, probably blasphemy here. I will get back to it.)

I understand Necropolis is quite a major epic, which so far I never have gotten round to. And I'll admit I got Judgement Day seeing it's a Dredd Alpha cross-over, which I also haven't read. (I understand Garth Ennis isn't well regarded on here in 2000AD, but I'll give it a shot.)

Third Estate Ned

I put £30 worth of goodies in my Hachette basket but at the checkout realised they only deliver to the UK and Ireland and I'm elsewhere :'(.

jacob g

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 01 January, 2017, 10:20:56 PM
I put £30 worth of goodies in my Hachette basket but at the checkout realised they only deliver to the UK and Ireland and I'm elsewhere :'(.

From what I learned from local Hachette office the license deal forbid them to do so. I also wanted to get some issues through Hachette store (like Mandroid cuz I never bought regular Rebellion TPB) since the start of collection but sadly it's impossible.
margaritas ante porcos

dweezil2

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 January, 2017, 02:57:05 PM
... I played it safe and just bought 2.* But the £1.99 postage regardless of amount of books isn't that prohibitive.

Hopefully the sale will still be on when I start work.

*Necropolis and Judgement day in case you were interested. I was going to continue from where I left off (and I do hope to eventually get them all) but I figured if it's going to be a while before I get more (it might not be. There's a couple of work prospects coming up, but I wont hold my breath) I might as well get 2 books containing stories I have not read before. (I haven't read Oz, but I didn't find a Chopper story that appealing. Sorry, probably blasphemy here. I will get back to it.)

I understand Necropolis is quite a major epic, which so far I never have gotten round to. And I'll admit I got Judgement Day seeing it's a Dredd Alpha cross-over, which I also haven't read. (I understand Garth Ennis isn't well regarded on here in 2000AD, but I'll give it a shot.)

Judgement Day is ok-the multitude of artists doesn't help.
But Necropolis is solid gold!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Trent

Take it that no one has had the latest volumes yet?
Hopefully in the next couple of days.

abelardsnazz

I'm intrigued to know what's included in the Banzai Battalion volume as I think the actual BB stories add up to about 120 pages.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Trent on 02 January, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Take it that no one has had the latest volumes yet?
Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Not yet, but with the Christmas post I'm expecting quite a few things to be arriving soon.

Trent

Yes, I mentioned this earlier.
Know the Heavy Metal stories quite well but not read Banzai for a little while but just as much looking forward to see what makes up the 60 to 80 pages of additional content in each of the volumes.
Given the nature of Heavy Metal Dredd the logical companions would be some of the Ennis/Millar era stories which were not dissimilarly OTT and Banzai looks to have Beyond the Wall and similar stories.
Should find out this week.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 01 January, 2017, 01:05:25 PM
Happy New Year all. Just been on the Hachette site and all issues of the MC are being advertised at a fiver each. A New Year sale? Worth checking out if you're wanting to pick up any back issues.
For what it's worth, I just had confirmation from Hachette that this is indeed a temporary January sale. I'm told "prices will return to normal after this run". So if you want cheapo partwork volumes (be they Dredd, Marvel or otherwise), get them now.

Albion

I'm trying to buy some of the Marvel ones (I used to subscribe and want a few more) but when I go to checkout I get an error.
Does the sale need a promo code?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Skullmo

Quote from: Albion on 03 January, 2017, 06:10:32 PM
I'm trying to buy some of the Marvel ones (I used to subscribe and want a few more) but when I go to checkout I get an error.

Same here - I have messaged them
It's a joke. I was joking.

metalmarc

Quote from: Albion on 03 January, 2017, 06:10:32 PM

I had same problem had ten items in my basket, had to whittle it to 8 and i was allowed to check out then

Albion

Quote from: metalmarc on 03 January, 2017, 07:20:51 PM
I had same problem had ten items in my basket, had to whittle it to 8 and i was allowed to check out then

I only had five items. I'll try again tomorrow.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

IndigoPrime

I hope you all got your orders in, because the sale's done for Dredd. (Marvel and Who are still on sale, as are some of the magazine partworks.)

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 January, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
I hope you all got your orders in, because the sale's done for Dredd. (Marvel and Who are still on sale, as are some of the magazine partworks.)
Balls
We never really die.