Main Menu

I successfully asked a girl out.

Started by Max Kon, 23 January, 2005, 03:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shazhughes

Geez, do you want to meet people, get out and get a life or is it just easy to wallow in your own loneliness.

shazhughes

Max, had someone mail me using the message board giving me some back story that people who have been here longer than me obviously know, still doesnt alter my opinion greatly, you really need to find some solution and i wouldnt put your trust in a message board as being the method of finding the answers.

LARF

Shaz is right Max. I'm not aware of your background but the answers are not necessarily here mate, although I do like to think that we all can help in some way the only person that has all the answers is you. I've got mates who are touching 50 and still don't know what they want to do with their lives, but what they do is live them, each and everyday, some are complete nutters, some are quiet wall flowers, but the one thing they all have in common is they don't let the bastards drag them down, they rise above it each and every bloody day, whatever's going down in your life you've got to try and be strong.

feridian

Dragging this thread up one more time - I'm not sure that the 'tough love' approach achieves very much here. Max, you have my sympathy; being 16 is no fun, and having people in their 20s and 30s barking at you to get a life doesn't help.

I hated every minute of my teenage years, and all you can say is it doesn't last forever. Life may be short on opportunities now, and incredibly frustrating when there are all sorts of things you'd like to do but can't, but do what you can, improve your health, and things will get better. You are clearly a sociable person, and will have no problem with girls in the right situation; I wouldn't beat yourself up if the situation isn't right now. School/college is by far the best deal for your social life once you're able to go (unless you go to a convent like me, but that's another story!).

Max Kon

Thanks feridian. And thanks to who ever sent Shaz that message.

badnewswade

Do you realise how sad this thread makes comic freaks look?

Link: http://www.badnewswade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk" target="_blank">Homepage

Martin Jameson

yep - thanks for keeping it going...

Max Kon

Tordelbach

Jared Katooie

I think its tizzle ta say peace out yo ta this thread . Freak y'all, into the beat y'all. Thugz arriv'n ta helpfully point out tizzle they dizzay like tha thread is hardly gonna hizzy matta.

So lets leave it be, shall we?

DavidXBrunt

Noah Angel

Thanks to my infrequent visits, I missed all this emotional drama, which from the sound of it was a blessing ;)

I'd also guess that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to say my rare appearances are due to my very lovely lady friends keeping me occupied. Oops!

Anyway, here's my helpful advice:

Walk down the street or go to a pub and check out the couples. You'll be surprised at how many stunning women are paired with ugly men. The reason? Insecurity? Sense of humour? Confidence? Personality? Who the fook knows? All that matters is that if they can do it then a good-looking chap like yourself shouldn't have a problem.

That's all. The rest is up to you. Have fun and be brave.

Noah (more pretty than handsome)

Max Kon

thanks for the advice and the compliment sliped in at the end

Queen Firey-Bou

sorry if people want this thread to die bt i havent had a tuppenth worth in a bit.

a lot of tough love going on, so i might be nice. Internet interaction is NOT like real stuff but it is a form of interaction, & for the socially isolated thats important. its like a practice area, but don't let it become the comfort zone. words are less that 20% of how people communicate.

i don't think max is cowardly, for a 16 year old...or were you 15 then max? to come to dredd-con & go out til late partaying with a bunch of geeks til small hours takes guts. my 18year old son would never be that brave. sometimes circumstance creates obstacles for us, both real & imagined, we have to pick a path between the barricades in our head & the real brick walls. sometimes we are stuck & have to be patient waiting for opportunitys. in this case an improvment in circumstance, health, age ...prehaps.

never get stuck in the comfort zone, always push the boundaries.  would it be an insult to suggest some sort of class, like assertiveness?

when i was at school i was a total loner amid red-necks, luckily stereo headphones & the ability to daydream kept me sane in my isolation. one day i was sent on a school art course with other kids from the region...LO !!  i met two other freaks, & for the first time i realised there was other people out there in the world who thought like me & i could instantly click with, what a revelation !  ironically i now crave isolation & time to daydream...oh well.

bottom line, do what feels right, staying in or going out, chill, be patient, its all there, no hurry.

Max Kon

I was 16 and 11 days at shed-con. And I had colapsed due to pain only 1 week previously.