Main Menu

Statue of Liberty

Started by IronGraham, 21 January, 2015, 05:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

just wondering when exactly was the statue of liberty blown up?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed, but I think it was suggested that it was Total War finally doing what they set out to do in America.

IronGraham

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 January, 2015, 05:54:18 PM
This is news to me!  :o

yeah it's mentioned in the second america story

Dark Jimbo

Ah, I was just being faceitious.  ;)

I don't think it was ever blown up, given that when the Statue of Judgement came down two years ago it was very much still standing:

@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

JOE SOAP

They've been blowin' it up for years.

J.Smith

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 January, 2015, 06:18:12 PM
Ah, I was just being faceitious.  ;)

I don't think it was ever blown up, given that when the Statue of Judgement came down two years ago it was very much still standing:

Yet in the second America story Bennet and young Beeny visit the statue, of which the flame remains, and it's definitely said to have been blown up sometime since the last story, I presume by another Total War faction. So I guess it was rebuilt at some point?

Zenith 666

Hasn't Armageddon-The Badman been wiped from Dredd history.

IronGraham

Gentlemen I don't wish to alarm any of you but I believe we have a conspiracy on our hands

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 21 January, 2015, 06:30:21 PM
Hasn't Armageddon-The Badman been wiped from Dredd history.

It's as much a part of Dredd history as Al's Baby.

Zenith 666

I stand corrected thanks joe  :)

J.Smith

Dunno why I couldn't edit my previous post properly but I guess after seeing Joe's image that it's been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times? Guess it depends on who was writing it at the time if it's been considered canon or not.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: J.Smith on 21 January, 2015, 06:39:21 PM
Dunno why I couldn't edit my previous post properly but I guess after seeing Joe's image that it's been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times? Guess it depends on who was writing it at the time if it's been considered canon or not.

Armageddon is an apocryphal Megazine story - a creator owned tale not originally intended for the Megazine or Dredd that was shoehorned into almost being the start of Dredd pre-history but never continued - so you can take or leave its contradictions depending on your own notion of the meaning of canon.

radiator

IIRC the reference to the Statue of Liberty having been destroyed in Fading of the Light was a continuity error that came about due to John Wagner misremembering something (maybe the Millar/Morrison Inferno storyline in which the original Statue of Judgement was blown up?).