Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Nice one Satan!
three months in a buckfast frenzy....
DDT did a job on me

Smith

I bought a PC ( for the place where I live because its closer to work),but now I have a weird case of buyers regret,since I have no clue what to use it for.Well actually,I hope to do Dragon Age 2 if i got the time.

Theblazeuk

If you haven't played The Witcher 3, that's the one to get. Don't worry about not playing the other games, I hadn't really either (aborted my play of Witcher 2 about 2 hours in). Still the best game for miles and miles on any platform.

Trout

...the government sold me some cannabis. It arrived in the mail today, almost two weeks after it was legalized here in Canada. It's only available online in this province and ludicrously high demand (pun intended) led to some delivery delays. It smells very nice. I got four joints for $35 (about £20); the quality seems good although it's on the expensive side.

In other countries, large amounts of public money is being spent on catching and punishing those who partake. It seems... silly.

Dandontdare

Smith

Great country,Canada.
Thou,I hear you cant get cigars anywhere.  :)

TordelBack

JamesC

Quote from: Trout on 31 October, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
In other countries, large amounts of public money is being spent on catching and punishing those who partake.

Is it though? Genuine question. Not something I've researched but at least in this country it seems that most policing around cannabis concerns those using it as a revenue stream to fund organised crime. Makes you wonder how those criminals would raise that money otherwise.

Personally, I find everything about cannabis skanky. Anything that keeps some distance between it and me is welcome. If they could ban distastful cannabis themed posters, jewlery, clothing, tobacco tins and tattoos then even better!

JayzusB.Christ

It's a whole lot less dangerous than booze.  I very rarely smoke it as I don't particularly like the effects, but I'm all for taking it out of criminal hands and not lumping it in with actual dangerous drugs.  Stoners are boring, but not exactly a threat to public safety.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JamesC on 31 October, 2018, 12:59:31 PM
Quote from: Trout on 31 October, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
In other countries, large amounts of public money is being spent on catching and punishing those who partake.

Is it though? Genuine question.

Depends. If you're white and middle class and not dealing in industrial quantities, it might as well be legal. If you're poor white, or from an ethnic minority, it can provide a very handy pretext for nicking you.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

I may be remembering this wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the only reason cannabis was made illegal is because it was competing with the tobacco industry.

Smith

Quote from: von Boom on 31 October, 2018, 04:07:14 PM
I may be remembering this wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the only reason cannabis was made illegal is because it was competing with the tobacco industry.
Or the paper industry.Or because it cures cancer.Depends on who you ask.

Link Prime

Personally, I find everything about cannabis skanky. Anything that keeps some distance between it and me is welcome.

Same for me, despite owning a few Dr. Dre T-shirts and Bryan Talbot underground comix in my time.
Each to their own of course, but I always found it pretty repulsive.

Can't beat a nice bottle of Scotch.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 November, 2018, 09:40:34 AM
Personally, I find everything about cannabis skanky. Anything that keeps some distance between it and me is welcome.

Same for me, despite owning a few Dr. Dre T-shirts and Bryan Talbot underground comix in my time.
Each to their own of course, but I always found it pretty repulsive.

Can't beat a nice bottle of Scotch.

you want to head over to the Threadjacking thread  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 01 November, 2018, 12:33:41 PM
you want to head over to the Threadjacking thread  :lol:

Just cashing in on the recent Scotchtoberfest lol-a-thon, 'Huff.
Besides, everyone and their Cairn Terrier knows that Irish whiskey is the superior tipple.