Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Just kidding, JBC. He was just slightly before my time, close enough that I was accused of being him once or twice.

He once came into the Yap Shop, in disguise, and it was like throwing a brick into a hen cabin - which is saying something as people like Roger Godpleton were regulars in there at the time. He was the only person I ever had to ban, and I didn't even know it was him until after the event.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 January, 2019, 11:27:40 AM
Ah, my fishy liege- that sounds lovely, but I doubt anything will be better than sprouts with creme fraiche and bacon...

A treat my teenagers actually requested be on the table for Christmas dinner.

... while the wife requested NBC suit respirators?

:o

JayzusB.Christ

Our first troll, I think, was called Death Monkey - a daft wee 14-year old who was around in about 2002.  After realising that people were ignoring him, he gave a grovelling apology. 

Which of you was he? Come on, tell the truth and shame the devil.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

I would have been 7. That me' alibi guv, honest!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 January, 2019, 08:54:30 PM
I would have been 7. That me' alibi guv, honest!

A likely story, sunshine.  Still though, Death Monkey remains one of the coolest board names ever.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Quote from: Tjm86 on 21 January, 2019, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 January, 2019, 11:27:40 AM
Ah, my fishy liege- that sounds lovely, but I doubt anything will be better than sprouts with creme fraiche and bacon...

A treat my teenagers actually requested be on the table for Christmas dinner.

... while the wife requested NBC suit respirators?

:o

It would be worth it.

Bolt-01

Theblazeuk

I have only ever known Thryll, really.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 22 January, 2019, 07:10:42 PM
Start at the top right.

Jesus, that's mind bogglingly amazing.  You're going to make me miss my train.

Smith

Well,The Outhouse(the "news" site) is closing down on the 8th.Strangly,Im going to miss that crazy place.

Link Prime

Quote from: Smith on 01 February, 2019, 09:31:35 AM
Well,The Outhouse(the "news" site) is closing down on the 8th.

* Toilet Flush Gif *

Surely there is some demand out there for a comics based news site that isn't slimy guttersnipe trash.

This very forum is the only source of decent genre reviews / discussion on the web, even allowing for the fact half the time yiser rambling on about Brexit.

The Legendary Shark

Life's Little Pleasures #27.

After three and a half days of existing as a starving lump of quivering, chilled and goose-bumpy flesh wrapped in a scalding aura of aching dizziness with a broken sewer pipe sticking out of one end, today the fever broke and I've just thoroughly enjoyed probably the best bowl of hot (pea and ham) soup of my entire life.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Sharkey.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Paddy - still wobbly, weak and achey but improving slowly. I don't remember being floored like this since I was at Primary School - I keep having flashbacks of being stuck in bed, surrounded by tissues, comics, potions and too many blankets, unable to concentrate on watching PlayAway.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]