Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Thank you, Carlos. Thank you for all you made in your life. Thank for for Stainless Steel Rat, for Als Baby, for Major Eazy and for Cursed Earth Koburn. Thank you for all the covers, all the splash pages and little panels that made me go 'WOAH'. Thank you for Strontium Dog.

Thank you for Dredd.

You will always be one of the greats, one of the founding legends. RIP, good sir.

McGurk76

RIP Carlos Ezquerra (1947-2018). The artistic genius behind such epic comic creations as Strontium Dog, The Stainless Steel Rat and Judge Dredd.
So distinctive, unique and original.

Magnetica

I think it is fair to say that Carlos Ezquerra was the artist who made the biggest impact on 2000AD and he will be missed by his many fans. It is very sad that there will never again be an Ezquerra Dredd or Strontium Dog.

Bolt-01

The Legendary Shark

Oh no. No, no, no.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tinmachine

Wonderful, talented and gifted artist. An amazing body of work and more importantly a kind bloke. A legacy for 2000AD that may never be equaled.

Greg M.

The worst news, and probably very difficult for a lot of us to process. He was, and remains, the King.

wedgeski

A gut punch. Awful news. Thanks for everything, Carlos.

Link Prime

RIP Carlos Ezquerra, and thank you.

Andy Lambert

My mind simply can't process that there'll never be another Judge Dredd or Strontium Dog drawn by Carlos...

Thank you for decades of incredible, much-loved artwork.
Thank you for defending my Dark Judges drawing when John Wagner criticised the proportions.
Thank you for being such a genuinely warm and friendly chap.

You will be missed so very, very much.

blackmocco

Gutted with that news. Hope they've brushes and some ink where he's going or there'll be hell to pay.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

IndigoPrime

Above, someone says a gut punch. That. His Dredd snared me to 2000 AD in the first place (by way of one of the Bo2K monthlies). His body of work remains, to my mind, still one of the most under-appreciated in the wider comics world. It's horrible to think that won't see any more of his work on Dredd, Strontium Dog (is that the end now?), Koburn, and more.

Just desperately sad – doubly so given his last Facebook post about having beaten cancer. Fuck.

Bolt-01

I was really lucky to be the host at a 2000AD panel back in May, when Carlos & John were up in Oldham.

I was rapidly running out of things to talk about with the panel, then Carlos started bickering with John over something and that was it- the rest of the panel was a dream.

Carlos was, and indeed always shall be, the artistic standard for 2000AD. The Command Module is a darker place today.

James Stacey

Man this news has really shaken me. The perfect gentleman, a lovely guy and such an influential artist. shocked and saddened. Thoughts are with his family, I hope they can take some solace from the messages speaking so highly of Carlos and the way he has affected so many people with his art. 

ZenArcade

Is this news confirmed? z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead