Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

FACT: Karne hasn't posted anything to the board since 9 Jul 03 at 22:08 with his FACT about Jeremy Irons.

Where is he?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Noisybast

FACT: Politics is derived from two words - poly, meaning many, and tics, meaning small blood-sucking insects.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

longmanshort

FACT: The apparently sticky strips on the back of Post It notes are not covered in glue.

The adhesion is caused by millions of microscopic 'necrotising fleshitis' bacteria that are actually trying to eat the surface they are put up against. Hence why you should never, ever put Post It notes on your skin - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Demon Chicken

"millions of microscopic 'necrotising fleshitis' bacteria that are actually trying to eat the surface they are put up against"

This is certainly true, as I have discovered at work, all I cna hope is that poor Mr Juniad didn't really want his ?1million mortgage after all. :S

Tiplodocus

Fact: This is an old joke:

"My girlfriend has recently mislaid her contraceptive pills.  I'm not so worried about getting pregnant, it's more that she can't tell what day of the week it is."
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Smiley

FACT: The continental plates of Europe and North America are drifting apart at the same speed a human finger nail grows.

Smiley

FACT: Satan knows the contents of your shopping trolley.

http://www.projectfreedom.cng1.com/images/666.jpg">

The Enigmatic Dr X

FACT: RAC's fact about horses came from the Times "questions answered" section a few days ago and was debunked today - I know cos I just read it while eating a baked tater with cheese and tuna (mmmmmmm). In fact, there is no rule about horse statues becuase it is too hard to make them rear - most rearing statues use a tail as a counterbalance and are expensive to make.

Lock up your spoons!

Richmond Clements

FACT: RAC's fact about horses ACTUALLY came from a site called amusingfacts.com.

But, in light of Dr. X's fact, they are neither facts or amusing.

The Enigmatic Dr X

FACT: That's what I get for being a smart-arse

FACT: The "Questions Answered" bit of the times is the only bit of the Times I read

FACT: Well, apart from the Sports pages

FACT: And even then only because some bugger always gets the office copy of the Herald before me.
Lock up your spoons!

Bolt-01

Fact: Karne is not here, at the moment.

Supposition: Karne is on Holiday: Any guesses as to where?

I'll go for either Barcelona, or the Trout has come to collect his OTE back and Karne is behind the setee.

Hopefully he will be back soon and we can find out!

Rotts

Oddboy

FACT: my brother's in Barcelona at the moment.
I'd ask him if he's seen Karne, but I don't want to interrupt the honeymoon.
Better set your phaser to stun.

longmanshort

I would like to confirm that neither I, nor any member of my family, is, at this moment, in Barcelona. FACT

Supplementary fact: We're not in New York either.

Extra supplementary fact: Nor are we in San Jose. Because we don't know the way.

Tiplodocus

FACT: I'm only twenty four hours from Tulsa.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

longmanshort

"FACT: I'm only twenty four hours from Tulsa"

Aah, but since you can fly more than half way around the world in less than a day, it could mean you live anywhere.

The question is - does Tulsa have an international airport?