Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored (Hardcover)

Started by JOE SOAP, 29 October, 2015, 09:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Great to have it - shame the other covers were missing though.

COMMANDO FORCES

matty_ae

Those Quality Zenith covers are so at odds with Steve Yeowell artwork that its possible to see them as works of commercial sabotage.

Spikes

And my copy was waiting for me when I got home. No.146, if anyone's keeping tabs...

Not really had a chance to pour over it as yet, but it's kinda weird to see the - formerly - banned stories included, to bring the tale back up to it's original running order of 25 episodes. Really quite nice, actually.

The reproduction appears pretty good all told - most pages look pretty good, whilst a few others are OK, veering towards average-ish (sorry!).

And I have to admit, I am not a fan of this type of glossy paper, at all.

But glad to see this now presented 'uncensored'.

Colin YNWA

Yep got mine and its a handsome volume thats for sure. Alas I was going to treat myself and read it BUT I've decided since I'm on 1978 in my Prog Slog I'm actually going to put off one of the great pleasures of life, being reading THE Judge Dredd Mega-epic as one. Instead I'm going to read it in the Progs an episode at a time to better get a flavour for how 1978 served the Galaxies Greatest...

Damnit. To the reading list with you, you beautiful thing you.

I'm 113 as other people seem to be sharing.

Geoff

My poster's arrived (very nice it is too)...half way there..

Trent

Oh good, thought it was just me who only had the poster. Makes for a nice appetiser.
I'd forgotten the MacDonalds/McDonalds inconsistency between the text and art. Seriously thinking about getting it framed for my newly acquired man cave.

SALMON63

Delighted by the book's arrival today - the Bolland cover looks much better in the flesh. Hopefully any day now the poster will arrive. 123/250.

Ade

Southstreeter

No. 70! The book arrived last week, and I have a card from the postman informing me of a package, which I'm hoping is the poster.

Trent

Starting to feel left out now....still waiting.

Magnetica

Got mine today.

The book looks absolutely fantastic.

Possibly the best yet (hmmmm Dan Dare is just as good I guess).

Not sure about the Apex print though - but I have only looked at it for 5 seconds.

Michael Knight

Mine arrived today (well yesterday now!) as well. I received 134/250! delighted to Have John Wagner signing book aswell.

It really is a thing of beauty. I didn't think anything would surpass the the Collected Dan Dare collection, but this really is rather fab and i'm delighted i spent the extra cash on this.
Cant wait to receive the poster. Looking to get that framed when finances allow.

Great work all round Rebellion. Tharg please give them droids some extra Oil!  :) 

Link Prime

Quote from: matty_ae on 11 July, 2016, 03:32:41 PM
Those Quality Zenith covers are so at odds with Steve Yeowell artwork that its possible to see them as works of commercial sabotage.

Check out the Quality ABC Warriors covers sometime Matty...

Southstreeter

Poster has indeed arrived. Lovely. About 5 days after the book.

Trent

Gah, travelling back from Manchester on the train wondering if the postie has left a card.