Main Menu

Case files you would like to see

Started by moly, 07 August, 2016, 08:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Would love to have case file for Nikolai Dante and sin dex also a graphic novel of Wolfie smith and mean areana and armoured Gideon with a lot of the older stuff done now maybe these and some of the older stuff might get done

hippynumber1

I've been hankering after a complete MACH 1 collection for years now (and I have heard distant rumblings that it's going to happen.) A proper, complete, Sin/Dex series would be great too, as would Wolfie Smith.

Magnetica

What would be the difference between a Nikolai Dante case files and the TPBs that already exist? I thought they were complete and in order. I hope so anyway as I am currently ploughing through them.

Colin YNWA

Sinister Dexter so deserves this but you'd guess failed past  attempts at reprinting has seen them resigned to floppies. Such a shame as if ever a series deserved a fresh presentation it's S&D.

Dante deserves a nice series of hardcover. .. again file under Colin's wishful thinking.

Hawkmumbler

Dantes...yes, I own all the TPB's save for the Tsar Wars ones, sadly OOP.

JayzusB.Christ

A collection of great one-offs for me.
Tribal Memories, Cradlegrave, Firekind, and Shadow for starters.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Southstreeter

Just a reprint of the two Tsar Wars volumes would be nice. The newer editions stopped on the volume before (Love and War) and the older editions only seem to be available from the one after. I've been delaying my reread indefinitely while I try (unsuccessfully) to source these two. Sort it out Tharg!

Richard

The Nikolai Dante series was indeed all of the stories in order.

The Sinister Dexter books was not, as they unhelpfully left out the entire run of Tales of Downlode (when the series changed its name to reflect that Sinister and Dexter had ended their partnership and were working solo). So in the graphic novel, one story ends with Sinister and Dexter falling out, saying they hate each other and never want to see each other again, and then in the very next episode (after Downlode Tales had finished and it was Sinister Dexter again) they're best mates again, with no explanation of why or how that happened. No wonder that series didn't do well.

seanharry

I'd love to see better quality reprints of Strontium Dog and Nemesis in hardback in the style of the recent Mek-Files for Ro-Buster and ABC Warriors, as well as Dan Dare and the Cursed Earth.

The Strontium Dog episodes in Starlord featured painted artwork by Ezquerra, Gibson and McCarthy that is printed in B&W in the SD Agency Files, plus numerous covers and star scans are missing.

The print quality in the first volume of Nemesis is shocking, and again numerous covers and pin ups are omitted.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: seanharry on 07 August, 2016, 09:31:53 PM
I'd love to see better quality reprints of Strontium Dog and Nemesis in hardback in the style of the recent Mek-Files for Ro-Buster and ABC Warriors, as well as Dan Dare and the Cursed Earth.

The Strontium Dog episodes in Starlord featured painted artwork by Ezquerra, Gibson and McCarthy that is printed in B&W in the SD Agency Files, plus numerous covers and star scans are missing.

The print quality in the first volume of Nemesis is shocking, and again numerous covers and pin ups are omitted.

Oh, God yes! I want a complete Millsverse in hardback on my shelf, so Nemesis hardbacks are a must.

Ro-Busters and Mek Files 1 seem to suggest that a re-release of S/D Agency Files 1 with colour pages is surely on the cards. It definately deserves it. I'm sure Rebellion did the best that they could at the time but all the original reprints of the Starlord material are dire - you can barely make out half of what the Stronty speech bubbles say! It's like a book of bad photocopies.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

seanharry

I would suggest Nemesis the Warlock: The Necro Files!

Volume 1: This would be the Kev O'Neill volume (aided by Jesus Redondo). Terror Tube, Killer Watt, Osrics Quest, Nemesis Books 1, 2 & 3. Then Ego Trip, A Day in the Death of Torquemada, Torquemada on Holiday (in proper colour please), The Tomb of Torquemada and You Are Nemesis.

Plus all the covers and pin ups by Kevin O'Neill and Jesus Redonso (including the Eagle and Titan stuff which usually gets omitted).

Volume 2: The Bryan Talbot volume. Nemesis Books 4, 5 and 6 and You Are Torquemada.

Plus all the covers and pin ups by Bryan Talbot (including the Titan stuff which usually gets omitted).

Volume 3: The John Hicklenton / David Roach volume

Torquemada, Nemesis books 7, 8 and 9.

Now, if Rebellion are willing to do the work, they need to start contacting everybody they can find who owns a page by John Hicklenton. The scanning and printing process at the time did not do justice to his work. I have seen pages of his work up close, and the amount of details missing is shocking.

And of course, ever cover, star scan etc.

Volume 4: The final years.

The Shape of Things to Come, Bride of the Warlock, Hammer of the Warlocks, Nemesis book X

What I said about John Hicklenton: The same applies to Clint Langley's work. I have a page they can borrow to scan.

And of course every cover, star scan etc.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: seanharry on 08 August, 2016, 12:38:51 PM
Volume 4: The final years.

The Shape of Things to Come, Bride of the Warlock, Hammer of the Warlocks, Nemesis book X

Plus, for an epilogue, Deadlock (arguably more a Nemesis story far more than it is an ABC Warriors story). And because, y'know, more Henry Flint is only ever a good thing.

Otherwise - COVET! Love your ideas, Sean - I'd buy these beauties in a heartbeat!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Yeah, that sounds like a  brilliant scheme altogether. But if we're doing wish lists, stick the first series of ABC Warriors in the back of Vol 1 and The Black Hole story in the back of Vol 2. Now that would be a read!

Bad City Blue

Bad City Blue anyone?

I'll get me coat...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there