Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Funt Solo

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 10 October, 2022, 10:03:38 PM
Seeing as we've opened the floodgates for Starlord and Tornado material thanks to the Ro-Busters and Blackhawk books is there anything else from those titles aside from Stront that would be worth collecting?

I would say Mind Wars as a curio, but it's already in Meg floppies (408-409 & 411).

[Just noticed I'm cross-posting with Leigh S.]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Had a vague idea it had been reprinted recently, but a comllection would be much better.

Call me mad, but I'd be interested in Tornado Mind of Wolfie SMith - I have the originals, but I;m curious about what they were like, but not enough to bust out all 22 comics and associated annuals / specials

Timequake would also be a potential - not the best, but some nice art and generally a concept that could ahve had legs

Quote from: Funt Solo on 10 October, 2022, 10:12:58 PM
Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 10 October, 2022, 10:03:38 PM
Seeing as we've opened the floodgates for Starlord and Tornado material thanks to the Ro-Busters and Blackhawk books is there anything else from those titles aside from Stront that would be worth collecting?

I would say Mind Wars as a curio, but it's already in Meg floppies (408-409 & 411).

[Just noticed I'm cross-posting with Leigh S.]

Bad Andy

Just imagine if they hadnt abridged Sinister Dexter. They be another 10 books there, easily 😀

abelardsnazz

Well the mind boggles what 40 more volumes could include. There's loads more Dredd so perhaps volumes of Ron Smith and Steve Dillon's work? Also, maybe:

Ant Wars
Dan Dare
Return to Armageddon
Shako
More Future Shocks, Time Twisters etc.

Jade Falcon

I must admit that I'm starting to get fed up of it.  A lot of the newer stuff just isn't my thing, at least at first read, I guess I have a taste for older material.

However, more Dredd is welcome, but please please PLEASE have Pirates of the Black Atlantic.

It's alos becoming a matter of space.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moly

Wait, so... So you want them to charge you more?

Nope just want it to end

IndigoPrime

Dan Dare would be vanishingly unlikely due to rights issues. As for costs, I'd be amazed if any extension was able to stay at £9.99. Almost all of these series have seen price rises and costs have shot up.

IndigoPrime

National File also reckons the original Marvel collection finally ends on #280. Feels a bit "believe it when I see it"!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 10 October, 2022, 10:56:31 PM
Well the mind boggles what 40 more volumes could include. Maybe:

Ant Wars
Dan Dare
Return to Armageddon
Shako
More Future Shocks, Time Twisters etc.

You'd be surprised.

Survival Geeks
Kingdom
Sinister Dexter
Lawless
Armoured Gideon
3rillers
Feral & Foe
Zenith
Skip Tracer (sorry)
Hope
Ulysses Sweet
Kingmaker
Harlem Heroes
Age of the Wolf
Thistlebone
Proteus Vex...

...And that's already got us over halfway through this extension. Bung in a load of Dredd books, and start bundling shorter and one-off series together like they've already done (Harry Kipling, Storming Heaven, From Grace, Necrophim, Alienist, XTNCT, Second City Blues etc) and you've got 30 of 40 books before you know it.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

davidbishop

There's hope for the Worst of Bish-Op yet!

Bring on The Straitjacket Fits, Soul Sisters, Dead Man Walking, maybe even the Space Girls.

;)

sintec

yeah having trawled Barney it's not all that hard to get a list of 40 more potential volumes just looking at Prog and Meg stuff.

Zenith (2 books)
Harlem Heroes (2 books)
Durham Red (Worley run + Scarlet Apocrypha)
Harry 20
Kingmaker
Luke Kirby (too much for 1 book not enough for 2 what can they cut?)
Armoured Gideon
Thistlebone
Diaboliks
Survival Geeks
Brigand Doom
Feral And Foe
Shako + Ant Wars
Age Of The Wolf
Damnation Station
American Reaper (2 books)
Atavar
Bec & Kawl
Bix Barton
Storm Warning
Bendatti Vendetta (maybe paired with something like Family)
Flesh II
Peter Milligan collection (Freaks, Counterfit Girl, Shadows)
Hope
Kingdom III
Night Zero
Outlier
Proteus Vex
Return To Armageddon
Skip Tracer (2 books)
The Out

That's 35 books. Chuck a couple of Dredd's and some collections of shorter one-offs in there (I'd love a volume of the best of 3hrillers for example) and we'd have 40. Only downside for me is the significant overlap with some of my recent trade purchases from the Rebellion store and the need for a new bookcase.

Barrington Boots

Some of the above appearing in the 'ultimate' collection seems a bit of a misdemeanor, definitely veering into '2000ad - the average collection' in places.
That said, as a cherry-picker of the collection, there's some stuff I'd love to have in hardback (Armoured Gideon, FFS) and others I'd consider buying out of sheer nostalgia (Night Zero, Bix Barton)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

karlos

Night Zero - yes, please!

Bix Barton - oh, go on, then!