Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: I feel the need, the need for young blood

Started by broodblik, 28 March, 2022, 04:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

So here you have an opportunity to select your top 3 new blood thrills. The criteria are simple any new series that has been published since prog 2000. We exclude any trillers or series that did not at least have 5 or more episodes. Here is your list:
- Counterfeit Girl
- Kingmaker
- Hunted
- Hope
- Skip Tracer
- Mechastopheles
- Full Tilt Boogie
- Proteus Vex
- Feral and Foe
- Thistlebone
- Hershey
- The Diaboliks
- The Out
- Pandora Perfect
- Department K
- Hook Jaw
- Chimpsky's Law
- Saphir
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Damn this is going to take some time, that's an excellent list!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Magnetica

Assume you mean the more recent Prog 2000?

Are you not including Megazine series?

For example Megatropolis, Dreadnoughts, Diamond Dogs, The Returners. Not sure if Lawless started before or after then either.

broodblik

This is just from the prog I will do one for the meg as well. The recent prog 2000 not the xmas one

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Magnetica

Some great new series. Top three are:

1.  Feral and Foe
2.  Kingmaker
3.  Proteus Vex.

Number one would have been Brink but it started in Prog 1978 and so just missed the cut.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

broodblik

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Yeah, HookJaw. I'm having one of thems days. Sigh.

SBT

AlexF

1. The Out
2. Mechastopheles
3. Hookjaw

-painful to only have to pick 3!

Blue Cactus

Surprised looking at that list as I'm definitely a 'the prog must progress and move forward' person but there are a few strips there I'm not too fussed about, including some that are quite popular. Still, that's progress.

1) The Out
2) Hookjaw
3) Full Tilt Boogie

Bubbling under - Counterfeit Girl, Mechastopheles, Hope, Feral and Foe.

Richard

1) Hope
2) The Out
3) Full Tilt Boogie

Chimpsky's Law is excellent too.

broodblik

1. Proteus Vex
2. Kingmaker
3. Feral and Foe

The Out, Hope, Thistlebone my runner-ups