Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

The message I'm getting, Shark, is that we might as well close this thread down, or lock it.

I thought it might be an interesting place to talk about current news stories. The problem I'm having is that you're like a guard dog with a bone to pick. Whatever issue gets raised, you start banging on with your pet theories.

It's like nobody else is allowed to have a thought. It's insulting, actually, because you only ever broadcast, you never accept input. And you're always mud-slinging this idea that everyone else is a moron who hasn't had the wit to see the golden truth.

It's really fucking patronizing. But - you know what - you win. You've pissed all over it. You get to keep it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

I really, really hope the thread isn't locked. I would very much miss a place to discuss current affairs.

EDIT: Just realised that might sound like sarcasm but it's not. Funt, if you're leaving, I'll miss your input a lot too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Ireland's head of government Micheál Martin steps down this weekend as taoiseach. He will be ploughed into the earth to appease the Goddess and assure the future prosperity of the republic.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

paddykafka

Quote from: JWare on 16 December, 2022, 08:39:10 AM
Ireland's head of government Micheál Martin steps down this weekend as taoiseach. He will be ploughed into the earth to appease the Goddess and assure the future prosperity of the republic.

...and assure the future prosperity for the already comfortably-off and well-heeled citizens of the republic.

FTFY  :)

And on a related note, the National Homeless and Housing Coalition will be holding a protest tomorrow, Saturday 17th December, outside the Dail on Kildare Street at 1pm.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalHomelessandHousingCoalition/

I hope that they will be using my favourite ever protest chant: "What do we want? Gradual change! When do we want it? In due course!"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 16 December, 2022, 08:39:10 AM

I'm glad this thread hasn't gone under.

Also, thanks for the heads up, Paddy. I might head along.

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen what Trump's latest 'big announcement' turned out to be? Good lord.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2022, 11:05:42 AM

Also, thanks for the heads up, Paddy. I might head along.

You're very welcome, Jayzus. I know it's short notice, but if there's any other Squaxx thinking of attending the protest, maybe we should organise a quick meet up ourselves beforehand, and go as a block, as it were? I'm fighting with the Old Kilmainham block! Who the hell are the rest of you guys with?!  :D

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 December, 2022, 11:05:42 AM
Has anyone seen what Trump's latest 'big announcement' turned out to be? Good lord.
An overpriced poor quality Panini sticker album? I saw it.
*deep sigh*
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Hawkmumbler

The Nasty Fucking Things that just refuse to go away.

JohnW

And every one of them sold already for slightly shy of 4.5 million.
The more I see of this shit the better I understand the Bolsheviks.

JayzusB.Christ

God help us all.  Imagine getting that shit as a Christmas present.  Think I'd prefer a belt of a stick from Belsnickel.

JohnW

I had to look up who Belsnickel is, and now I know.
Who said this forum is the refuge of ignorant degenerates?

Richard

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JWare on 17 December, 2022, 12:46:03 PM
I had to look up who Belsnickel is, and now I know.
Who said this forum is the refuge of ignorant degenerates?

Like, I suspect, most other people who know about Belsnickel, I heard it here first. Though I've since become fascinated by the non-Santa Christmas visitors, from the Yule Lads to Befana. (And now I have an idea... watch this space.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkb2B6OCIY4&ab_channel=TheOffice