Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: I want this, why do you not want to take my money?

Started by broodblik, 11 July, 2022, 04:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

In the long line of running of the prog/meg there will always be a gem (in the eye of the beholder) that has not been published that a lot of us would like to be collected. What is you "gem" that you will dish out your hard-earned cash to get your greedy paws on? What is your top 3 please collect list?
-   Metalzoic (yes, we know some copyright nonsense)
-   Carver Hale
-   Armoured Gideon (collection 2)
-   Kola Kommandos
-   Junker
-   Bix Barton
-   Brigand Doom
-   Rogue (Friday)
-   Kelly's Eye
-   Maniac 5
-   Medivac 318
-   Sancho Panzer
-   The Scarlet Apocrypha
-   Strontium Dogs (remember the S)
-   What about....................
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I think most if not all of those are involved in rights issues, not just Metalzoic, but putting that aside

Medivac 318

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 July, 2022, 06:23:41 AM
I think most if not all of those are involved in rights issues, not just Metalzoic, but putting that aside

Medivac 318

You can vote for your top 3 not only one this round
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 11 July, 2022, 06:50:55 AM

Medivac 318

You can vote for your top 3 not only one this round

Whoops in that case

Medivac 318
Brigand Doom
Strontium Dogs

Jim_Campbell

Medivac 318

Medivac definitely is. In fact, if memory serves, Hilary Robinson got the rights back to this (and I think, Chronos Carnival).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 July, 2022, 08:26:21 AM

Medivac 318

Medivac definitely is. In fact, if memory serves, Hilary Robinson got the rights back to this (and I think, Chronos Carnival).

Interesting and this might explain the lack of a collection for both these stories

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

the mind of wolfie smith

some of john ridgway's art from junker deserves to be seen as part of one of these new fangled best of books.

non prog, but related, and probably a forlorn hope at this point, but i would love the second half of the wildcat saga to see the light of day.

broodblik

Barrington Boots

Definitely  Armoured Gideon
I too have never read The Mind of Wolfie Smith, so another vote for that.
Tempted to lump my third vote in for Bix Barton, but every time I remember the joys of the like of the Haunted Full English I then remember the terrible terrible lows of that Carry On story. Shadows got a lot of love in the top thrill votes too. But what I'd really like is for something like a collected Johnny Red
You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

Armoured Gideon maybe with Dead Meat, Dinosty ( I know another rights issue),  Brigand Doom

Southstreeter

Atavar

An early classic of Abnett/ Elson alien weirdness. Only the first two (of three) series made it into reprint, which is a massive shame.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Southstreeter on 11 July, 2022, 09:34:30 AM
Atavar

An early classic of Abnett/ Elson alien weirdness. Only the first two (of three) series made it into reprint, which is a massive shame.

I could have sworn this got a digital collection, but can't see it. Such a shame as its a great series. Good call.

Richard

sintec

Metalzoic
The Scarlet Apocrypha
Armoured Gideon

Shadows would be a close 4th.

For those after the Strontium Dogs stuff stories, Hachette are doing 3 volumes in the Ultimate Collection and it looks like that'll collect nearly all of it along with a bunch of Durham Red stories.