Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: I want this, why do you not want to take my money?

Started by broodblik, 11 July, 2022, 04:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Didn't Atavar get a reprint in thr floppies? But since we are talking about proper bookshelf editions, I would have to cry out for:

The Complete Sinister Dexter
Complete Vector 13
Mek Files volumes 4 onwards.

With special mention made for a hardback Shako, with special white furry slipcase that features a rubber bear paw tearing through the front and the logo stained in red ink on the fur.

SBT

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 11 July, 2022, 09:15:49 AM
But what I'd really like is for something like a collected Johnny Red

Wot like this? all four volumes! Possibly five
DDT did a job on me

Barrington Boots

That doesn't collect the full run afaik, just stops after a bit.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 July, 2022, 10:31:13 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 11 July, 2022, 09:15:49 AM
But what I'd really like is for something like a collected Johnny Red

Wot like this? all four volumes! Possibly five

Me, me, me want, want, want. Come on Rebellion you did Charley's War now do Johnny Red.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Well, Metalzoic has been collected, in as much as the original was a graphic novel. That said, I'd love to see it collected again, although I will note I much prefer to the UK black and white version to the original coloured comic. Of the rest of that list, Armoured Gideon feels like it's going to be the one that got away.

Looking at Barney, I can't really think of anything else I'd want to buy in collected form that doesn't already exist. The only exception would be strips where the trades just stopped, or titles I'd much rather have in HC. But then it seems 2000 AD fans as a whole don't like HC that much, otherwise we'd have loads more of the things.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i'd also like some annotated editions of some of the stories that are clearly good - but which i'm too stupid to understand much of the time. i'm guessing the order, kek-w's indigo prime and some john smith would be top of the list here.

AlexF

1. Wolfie Smith (especially the Tornado stuff wot I have never read)
2. Armoured Gideon Books 2 and beyond
3. Complete Night Zero (so far Beyond Zero has not been reprinted in any format, I think?)

The Scarlet Apocrypha seems very popular - but it WAS collected, by Rebellion no less, in the third of their original Durham Red TPBs (the Empty Suns) - which is very much where it belongs, would be a bit odd as a standalone I think. That book seems to be out of print, though.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 11 July, 2022, 11:20:11 AM
i'd also like some annotated editions of some of the stories that are clearly good - but which i'm too stupid to understand much of the time. i'm guessing the order, kek-w's indigo prime and some john smith would be top of the list here.

The Hachette volumes are great for a bit of context. Every one has an intro by Matt Smith, then an interview with the creators at the back. They're a goldmine of info - I've learnt all kinds of fascinating things about why certain decisions were made in certain strips.
@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

Quote from: AlexF on 11 July, 2022, 11:21:18 AM
3. Complete Night Zero (so far Beyond Zero has not been reprinted in any format, I think?)

I would also love this. I nearly stuck it on my list but I wasn't sure what had been reprinted in the floppy. I was pretty sure Beyond Zero had made it into one?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Richard

Night Zero Megazine 338, Beyond Zero 340. Below Zero never reprinted afaik.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Huey2

* Daily Star Dredds - I think there are some of these which never got collected. I guess the hardcover sales weren't great - perhaps the Meg could reprint the last ones.

Outside of 2000ad...

Unless I've missed the reprint, there's a whole bunch of stuff Alan Moore did for Doctor Who weekly/monthly which hasn't been seen for 40 years.

davidbishop

Sancho Panzer
Best of Vector 13
Middenface: Wan Man un His Dug

Blue Cactus

Metalzoic
Complete Sinister Dexter
Complete Armoured Gideon

Really want to read Shadows too. There's quite a few strips I've either only partly read or not read at all that I'd love to see in the Meg floppies. Mostly stuff that isn't that highly thought of but that I still want to read at least once - Dynosty, Junker (yep!), Kola Kommandos, Zippy Couriers, Medivac, Dead Meat. Not the most popular thrills obviously, I just want to have read them once to tick them off my list, but not enough to buy the back progs I'm missing!

Would be good to see Sancho Panzer and Brigand Doom turn up in the floppy too. And a nice collection of all John Smith's one-off stories please!