Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Missionary Man vs. Feral and Foe Rd 4 Heat 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 July, 2022, 06:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

JayzusB.Christ

Two decent but not incredible thrills - going to go with Missionary Man, I think, even though it introduced a second Cursed Earth bad guy called the Raggedy Man, who bore no relation to the first one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I *think* Jayzus just balanced the vote there.

Missionary Man was a bit of a mish-mash - an early start with great art but an odd, supernatural tone, then sort of squandered and meandering until we got to the later epics. His hand cannons are over-designed. The Promised Land is my favorite - shedding a lot of the spooky western vibe for a more straightforward road mission.

Feral & Foe's opening gambit is excellent fun with stupendous art, but I guess the idea of self-aware characters from WoW kicking RPG butt and arguing a lot is a bit Marmite for some of the proggers out there. I've bought into it because it feels modern and clever, but still nerd-niche, in the way that the first Scream movie did for horror fans. The second series had the gender-swap gimmick[spoiler], but I felt that went on for too long - it either should have been permanent or been over more quickly[/spoiler] - I think it hurt the pacing a little.

My vote today: Feral & Foe
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Blue Cactus

Missionary Man, although this might change as FF develops.

Colin YNWA

Good week for Dabnett so far and this one looks to be adding to it. A day to go but doesn't look like there's any stopping Feral and Foe (ohh that was like one of the Next Prog boxes for Harlem Heroes!

NapalmKev

Feral and Foe.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So end a four tie mini face off between Dabnett and Grennie and the results are pretty one-sided so far 3 for 3 for Adnett as Insurrection, The Out and Sinister Dexter have taken out Aquilia, Jaegir and Diaboliks in the last three ties and with this one Dabnett has a 4 nil rout. This one was the closest as Missionary gave a very good account of itself, but it couldn't pull back a blistering start from

Feral and Foe

who will be bringing some magic to Round 5