Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Shakara vs. Ichabod Rd 4 Heat 28

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 July, 2022, 06:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael (and the Dead Left in His Wake) got better over time, but wasn't easily accessible. Like a fine wine etc.

Shakara was kicking ass and taking names straight out of the gate, and I was surprised how it managed to maintain a compelling narrative coherence over five books (given that it felt like a one and done).

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

ichabod is, indeed, a very fine wine.
shakara is more of a special brew.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

Difficult.  And Funt's post highlights how good the art is on both.

Ichabod.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Ohh this one is really close from an eye scan of the votes today. Its very possible last day voting will have the final say here. So get um in and I'll count them up in the morning.

Blue Cactus

Shakara but it's veeeeerry close for me. Love both these ones.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Oh it wasn't quite as close as I thought when I did the final count. I mean it was far, far from one sided and many of the individual votes mentioned how difficult it was to decide between the two. Or at least referenced how much voters liked the thrill they didn't plump for in the end. I would have been the same, both of these are fantastic thrills. Shakara though is pure distilled thrill power, that manifesto that Andy Diggle sent at the start as his time as Tharg should have produced Shakara and not some of the stuff it did. Its rocket fuel comics. Ichabod is much more refined, sophisticated and intelligent (in some ways, its easy to underestimate later Shakara) and so should be better... but it loses out to the purity of the winner

SHAKARA

will be handing out the Special Brew in Round 5.