Main Menu

FFT - Quarter Final 4 - Lawless vs Brink

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 September, 2022, 06:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sponsored by 2000ad in Stages - see links below.

Lawless - more info

VS

Brink - more info

I'd suggest that whichever thrill wins here will be the unexpected guest in the semi-finals. I predicted that the semi-finalists (fate willing) would have been Strontium Dog, Nemesis, Dante and Jones. So it's fitting that fate has once again scoffed in the face of my predictions and decided that Dabnett should of course be guaranteed at least one place in the semis after his amazing performance across the tourney so far.

Which will it be though. 3 days to decide...

Form book - Thrills vanquished to date (in order of round met earliest to latest):

Lawless: Samizdat Squad; Chimpsky's Law; Mazeworld; Thistlebone; Firekind
Brink: Mercy Heights; Shako; Taxidermist; Stickleback; The Out

QUARTER FINAL - will feature just one thrill a day. I'd like to pretend this is to give these epic thrills more space and time to be commented on... but really it's to buy myself a bit of extra time to plan what comes next!

To Vote Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 4th September and the winner gets a place in the Semi Finals.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Wait this is not as straightforward for me two great thrills both are quite different and both utilize some great art. I will go for the time for Brink but that might change tomorrow
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

not a huge fan of either, story-wise. but for phil winslade's truly extraordinary art, it's lawless.

Colin YNWA

Aaron A Aardvark

My first instinct was Brink, coz it's better.
My second instinct is that Lawless is more fun.
Fun trumps quality? Is that fair? No it isn't.

Lawless

Timothy

Barrington Boots

Lawless. Fantastic artwork, better characters and as AAA says, a lot more fun - but with emotional heft. Only 2000ad strip to make my wife cry.

Brink really is something special, but Lawless has consistently been a strip I buy a whole magazine just to read, it's that good.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

They're both great, but for me Lawless takes it by a nose, even of Brink is arguably the more imaginative of the two strips.

rogue69

Magnetica

Two top quality strips from Dabnett. Both benefit from having had the same artist do every episode.

It's a close one, but I'm going for Brink.

And re Colin's comment on his predicted semi final line up,  I'd vote Brink over Halo Jones.