Main Menu

LotR: Rings of Power

Started by sheridan, 02 September, 2022, 10:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 17 October, 2022, 03:59:04 PM
i liked it, just about and all in all. but a billion bucks needs more than the likes of nerdy me to kind of like something.

Well, yes - the only thing that matters if whether the richest/second richest* person in the world likes it, them being a LotR fan and the bankroller.

* depending on what Elon and Jeff's shares are doing this week.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

all surface no feeling, as the song had it.

Rusty

Probably the worst written TV show I've ever watched. Complete garbage that took a giant shit on Tolkien's works. Bravo, Mr Bezos. Bravo.

Tiplodocus

"looked like an episode of Hollyoaks" - Nope, don't think it did.

"Woeful acting" - Nope. Certainly some dialogue that seemed clunky but Tolkien uses a lot of archaic languages so some things will sound odd to our ears.

I get that this Guardian reviewer didn't like it but this sort of language and phrasing is internet level shite.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

I'm assuming that Hollyoaks has changed a lot since I watched soaps, and now features exploding mountains and elves arguing with dwarves about mithril.

I'm not following the arguments against, though. "This is shit" is not actionable feedback, ma people. That it cost money, and that Jeff Bezos isn't a nice boss to his workers are both true - but they're not arguments against the production.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

I enjoyed it, anyway. The next question is: when I binge it in a month or two will I still enjoy it, enjoy it less or enjoy it more?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

judgeurko

Quote from: Rusty on 17 October, 2022, 06:05:51 PM
Probably the worst written TV show I've ever watched. Complete garbage that took a giant shit on Tolkien's works. Bravo, Mr Bezos. Bravo.
End.

judgeurko

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 October, 2022, 06:34:19 PM
"looked like an episode of Hollyoaks" - Nope, don't think it did.

"Woeful acting" - Nope. Certainly some dialogue that seemed clunky but Tolkien uses a lot of archaic languages so some things will sound odd to our ears.

I get that this Guardian reviewer didn't like it but this sort of language and phrasing is internet level shite.
Oh I now read that. Guardian is terrible always has these type of articles after countless praising.