Main Menu

The Official 2000AD Art Programme

Started by 2000AD Online, 14 March, 2008, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philt

I think the prices here are unrealistic but I suspect that these actually aren't aimed 2000ad readers, rather they are pitched at 40 something nostagists. Hence the prices.

But I think Commando Forces does ask a far question how difficult can it be to produce merchanidise at a reasonable price I think the same applies to those inordinately expensive T-shirts they were flogging a couple of months ago.

SIP

You can get McMahon pages for less than that - ok, not classic Dredd - but still original McMahon.

JOE SOAP

***I think the prices here are unrealistic but I suspect that these actually aren't aimed 2000ad readers, rather they are pitched at 40 something nostagists.***

What's the difference?

philt

"We" know how much a piece of original 2000ad art is likely to cost.

Adrian Bamforth

There ought to be some kind of regular publication which prints 2000AD art in a sequential format so we can all enjoy the pictures at a lower price.

James

And this?

http://www.theanimationartgallery.com/images/inventory/cel_zoom/cel13502.JPG>

For £25,000!

Fark orf!

philt

That is fcuking appalling. It looks like the sort wet dream fan pic a middled aged women who smells of cats would produce...

Radbacker

where's Things' Thingy???? narryu a bulge or bump???  not that i always look for that sort of thing. 25K(dont have that little pound thing on my keyboard just good honest $) bit much i'd think.  I'd love thiose prints but i guess the word here is PRINTS, might just get a mate awho works at printing shop to do a few for me.

CU Radbacker

Hoagy

Copy the print
Size it up in photoshop
Save onto memory stick
Go to Kodak
Get canvas print out at 60quid for A2 size
Hang on wall
Stand back and admire
Job's a good un

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Matt Timson

Wow!  If that Fantastic Four piece is anything to go by, I'm in the wrong job!  Time to dust off my oil paints..
Pffft...

Natsan

Ack, Mr Fantastic's face reminds me of the Fantastic Foursome I did for Civil Wardrobe.

Oh, the shame.....

opaque

You don't even need to print it out on Canvas, you can get lovely A1/2 prints quite cheaply online.

I have Dredd launching the TADS against East Meg, Fist of Dredd and Dredd beating the crap out of Johnny Alpha on my bedroom wall.

Really though, if you're willing to pay that much get some original artwork instead. There was some nice Gibson colour Dredd pages on Ebay I saw the other day.
If you want prints do it yourself.

Buddy

Looks like the Invisible Woman is fisting the Thing in that pic!

And yeah - good Gibson pages, direct from Gibson himself, keep poping up on ebay all the time for about £40 each.

I bought one myself recently and will doagain soon.

Also, Gibson gets the financial gain from these sales... I wonder how much Bolland or McMahon receive from these copies of their artwork.