Main Menu

Sell Me Your Votes!

Started by Dounreay, 15 February, 2003, 04:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dounreay

Just reading the Are You Going Marching thread made me think:

Would you give up your right to vote and democracy in exchange a for a benevolent monarchy/one party state/trouty empire that could give:

World peace?
No crime?
Free education, health service, welfare?

Hmmm?

karne

Quirkafleeg

Yeah like what we live in IS a democracy

Trout

Irrelevant. I rule.

ALL HAIL MIGHTY FISHDOM!

The Monarch

Bolt-01

Devons Daddy

as discussed in other threads Singapore is basically such a regime.

low crime.(heavy sentances for all crimes)
good healthcare (not free but very good)
education for all(not free but very good)
execellent public transport(cars,petrol.running costs,taxation on vehicles, most expensive in the world to pay for it)

democracy YES but,with a two party system and a total of three non ruling party seats.

it works.to be honest.its clean.its safe,its drugs low,no guns.trains buses underground run on time,police are not corrupt,system works.
i choose to live here.i accept the rules of the enviroment.but to have all of this some find the cost to high.
its BIG BROTHER 1984 completely.take your choice.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Queen Firey-Bou

well the problem with our so called 'democracy' is that we don't have a choice. Scotland got well sick of westminster tory rule ingnoring the people , so labour used devolution as a bargaining chip. They got in & now they can ignore the whole country not just scotland, in fact..theyre so mighty they figure they can ignore the whole world.

Bring it on mighty Trout, lets take the suckers.

Quirkafleeg

Well DD in the article you cannot read (oh the irony there) Gibson points out that the place lacks some gnarly creativity... the UK is shite in a lot of ways but having seen some other countrys there are far worse places to live, unfortunaty for the people who have to live there