Main Menu

Megazine 235 - Hey, you! Lads' mags are for drooling losers!

Started by The Amstor Computer, 25 July, 2005, 07:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Fantastic strapline - and one sure to annoy the percentage of Meg readers who do actually buy Zoo or Nuts... :-)

Full reviews to come in a bit, but:

PJ Holden on Dredd - Fantastic, and Chris Blythe's colours complement his work perfectly.

Simping Detective - Miss Anne Thrope? Best. Name. Ever.

The art on Anderson is stunning - but why is Bungle dying in the middle of that two-page spread? ;-)

The text story is interesting, and Steve Roberts' illos are great - time for a stint on Dredd in the prog?

More once I've read it again...

Endjinn

Anderson: And just how camp can the hands of a dying boarder be????? ;-)

Otherwise, I think the way they're planning to beat the Half-Life nanobots is rubbish.

Everything else: Business as usual, all above and beyond the quality bar.

The Amstor Computer

Heh :-) Is that Mary Whitehouse behind him?

Artificial Idiot

Heh... I actually had to ask somebody the joke behind that name. And then get my dictionary out as I was still in the dark... Colour me ignorant and hang me in a gallery.

That said, it took me awhile to get 'Point & Cliq' too...

Dudley

Heh :-) Is that Mary Whitehouse behind him?

That's my granny, that is...

The Amstor Computer

Funt Solo

Can the Megazine do no wrong?  Another blinding issue this "month", and that's without taking the articles and text story into account.

There were several laugh out moments (especially in Dredd and Simping), but the real killer was Jack Point's "t-those're for me?"

Tension ramping up in Anderson, Devlin and Bendatti.  

The best Middenface story ever.  

Charley's War very relevant and thankfully published as scheduled.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Amstor Computer

Heh, yep - that line was the one that got me laughing out loud. Perfectly judged. Si Spurrier's writing on this is just fantastic.

By the time this story has concluded, we should have about 90-odd pages of Simping Detective - how about a lovely big Euro collection of the stories to date? Has to be Euro-size just to show off that gorgeous art...

Byron Virgo

"The art on Anderson is stunning - but why is Bungle dying in the middle of that two-page spread? ;-)"

You noticed Mr. Mackay's second appearance in the strip too, then (just by his granny, as well)?

It's no wonder he doesn't return my emails anymore...

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Amstor Computer

Hm. I always imagined the Crest as being a rather weary, plummy male voice.

Funt Solo

I guess in my head it was pretty much like KITT from Knight Rider.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

I'd always cast the Crest as John Gielgud.

As yes, that really is me and my granny, united in the middle of a screaming mob...

The Amstor Computer

I guess in my head it was pretty much like KITT from Knight Rider

Mm. I'm now imagining Crest as speaking more like Honor Blackman - works surprisingly well!

Max Kon

i always imagined it as a woman, with a really bitchy tone