Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

That looks like Rage to me, so presumably at least part of it will be in the next SD volume.

Colin YNWA

Arh man its good to be back on the Dante trail soon... well soonish...

Dark Jimbo

Good news - the Agony Pages are included in D.R. and Quinch, and they're in colour! *happy dance*
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

So I canned my sub, have swiftly realised it's bloody impossible to buy these things locally now, and was planning to resubscribe and sell off the ones I don't want. They won't reply on Facebook Messenger (I've a feeling I've been blocked/muted) and their email support took a week to respond by saying: "Am not sure why it states that you can subscribe from issue 25. I know you can start from issue 1. If you can not subscribe on the web site you can give us a ring on this number for assistance. 0333 300 1045".

I'm... going to have to... phone them. PRAY FOR ME.

sintec

Good luck.

It's truly bizarre how difficult they make these things - it's almost like they don't want people to buy their books or something.

IndigoPrime

It really is odd. But also our town doesn't have a standard newsagent any more, hence me looking at this option (not least given how rapidly these are selling out now). If I can't get any sense out of Hachette, I'll see if WHSmith or McColls in town can get issues in for me.

IndigoPrime

Oh my. Someone finally replied, after I publicly sent a message on the FB page. They've offered to restart the sub at 29.

Dandontdare

you can pre-order them on the Forbidden Planet website (and save a little bit on the shop price) I'm cherry-picking and have ordered the 4th Dante due in December, but I can't see any reason why you couldn't pre-order them all as they are released

Nellgrove

I've only subscribed recently, so I asked to get an extra 2 issues in September. Received a reply stating my next delivery was in September (for the standard 2 issues delivery). Thanks Hachette :) I may try again, but then i think is it really worth risking getting what i should be getting just to catch up a bit?

IndigoPrime

Dandontdare: I was thinking about Forbidden Planet, but it ultimately costs more money, due to postage. Easy enough to get the books and sell off the ones I don't want on eBay. Entertainingly, I now have three totally different answers, though, from Hachette:

- You can only subscribe from issue 1
- You can subscribe from the next issue (29)
- You can start a subscription from any issue

Perhaps they live in some kind of connection point from alternate universes, which is why their customer support is all over the place. I guess I'll phone them if the FB people don't respond shortly.

The Monarch

hatchett is a shell company for indigo prime it would explain why theres no ip strips in the collection and why they are dicking you around man

Mardroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 September, 2018, 02:29:24 PM
- You can start a subscription from any issue

I was on the understanding it was this one, although there may be some delay with back issues that have sold out. I wouldn't think that would be a problem with the 2000ad Ultimate collection yet, though.

I wonder if it's a case of the different individuals you spoke to in the company being uncertain themselves! I wonder how many temp workers they utilise...

IndigoPrime

I suspect a lot of the staff are basically clueless. One person told me you can *only* sub from issue one. I then noted their website had a drop-down menu that suggested otherwise. Follow-up from someone else then said *that* was messed up, because it doesn't have more recent issues, and said they'd flag a support call with their web team. So at least they were on the ball. So my choices now are what issue I want to sub from, and whether I go with 29 though the Facebook lot or brave a phone call for my preferred option of 31.

They're like the anti-Denise/anti-Oliver though.