Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dodsy

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 December, 2015, 01:52:40 PM
Is it just me or are all of those poses lifts? I mean it is a nice cover, though why is Rogue looking a bit pale and someone has pulled Alpha's arms a bit. But the whole thing looks like lifts...

TMO- was that part of the brief?

Durham is from the cover of one of the graphic novels as well if memory serves correctly
Twitter - @dodsy84

glassstanley

It's an eye-catching cover and will hopefully do the job. It does raise a few questions:

Is Anderson projecting a Prog into the comic fan's mind, or is she reading what is already in there?

Who shot the comic shop up - Dredd, to the result of the fan's TPO?

Why does the font used for 'comics' look so familiar?

Why is Johnny wearing a pubic wig on the outside of his clothes?

Bolt-01

The Comic shop sign is the font used for the Fantastic Four logo back in the day...

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 December, 2015, 12:55:17 PMNew cover:

And now back to Bob in the studio.

Fantastic to see this is finally being reprinted; a long-awaited treat.  Hopefully the font used for the title is not final - fairly hideous and not a patch on a lot of those used for titles in the strip itself.  It's also a shame that Brendan McCarthy wasn't even aware that this was getting a reprint until I mentioned it to him a couple of weeks back... 

If this reprint is being based on all the original artwork (as was mentioned in a recent Thrill-cast) then it seems like a missed opportunity if this has gone ahead without a blurb or something from the original creators.  Ho hum.

JOE SOAP

A classic that'll look better than it ever did in the prog.

We have a 4 month wait so anything could be planned in that time.

Satanist

I am so lookin forward to re-reading Sooner or Later all in one go printed on something better than school bog roll!

One of my all time faves as a kid! Didn't understand it but loved the weirdness and that Tharg seemingly just gave the back page to two creators to do whatever the fuck they wanted.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Robo-K33F

Quote from: ming on 18 December, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 December, 2015, 12:55:17 PMNew cover:

And now back to Bob in the studio.

Fantastic to see this is finally being reprinted; a long-awaited treat.  Hopefully the font used for the title is not final - fairly hideous and not a patch on a lot of those used for titles in the strip itself.  It's also a shame that Brendan McCarthy wasn't even aware that this was getting a reprint until I mentioned it to him a couple of weeks back... 

If this reprint is being based on all the original artwork (as was mentioned in a recent Thrill-cast) then it seems like a missed opportunity if this has gone ahead without a blurb or something from the original creators.  Ho hum.

I told Brendan that I intended to collect this material up months ago, long before production began.

Pete Milligan has written an introduction.

Kat has done a sterling job on cleaning up and scanning in the original film.

So you can take a deep, relaxing breath.

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 18 December, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
I told Brendan that I intended to collect this material up months ago, long before production began.

Pete Milligan has written an introduction.

Kat has done a sterling job on cleaning up and scanning in the original film.

So you can take a deep, relaxing breath.

Good stuff; I thought it was odd that Brendan hadn't even been told about it (but as I say, as of two weeks ago this all seemed to be news to him).  Great that the original films were put to use (although the Thrill-cast mentioned all the original artwork, which really would have been something amazing).  Anyway, can't wait for this!

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 18 December, 2015, 04:10:44 PM
I am so lookin forward to re-reading Sooner or Later all in one go printed on something better than school bog roll!

One of my all time faves as a kid! Didn't understand it but loved the weirdness and that Tharg seemingly just gave the back page to two creators to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

This, this and thrice this!

I, Cosh

Did we know about this latest addition to the Meg's creator owned slot?

Quotethe first publication of a terrifying black-metal vampire epic, Realm of the Damned by Alec Worley and Pye Parr.
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

THE PARR DROID RETURNS TO US!!!!!!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 December, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
Did we know about this latest addition to the Meg's creator owned slot?

Quotethe first publication of a terrifying black-metal vampire epic, Realm of the Damned by Alec Worley and Pye Parr.

That sounds mighty interesting... but what is 'black metal'? I'm so out of touch!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 December, 2015, 09:07:58 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 24 December, 2015, 06:50:44 PM
That sounds mighty interesting... but what is 'black metal'? I'm so out of touch!
last.fm
Black metal is an extreme sub-genre of heavy metal featuring harsh screams or evil voices as the vocal styles, fast electric guitars with tremolo picking and blast beat drumming and raw recording and extreme guitar distortion and a harsh guitar sound with satanic or haunting lyrics. Often played by bands wearing all black, long usually black hair, black corpse paint make-up, spikes and studs, blood theatrics, pentagrams, upside-down crosses, black leather and white face paint. Some forms of black metal put an emphasis on the nuances of ambient or atmospheric aspects which include the suicidal or depressive subgenres of black metal, while others focus more on melody or technicality.

wikipedia
Black metal is an extreme subgenre and subculture of heavy metal music. Common traits include fast tempos, shrieking vocal style, heavily distorted guitars played with tremolo picking, raw (lo-fi) recording, unconventional song structures and an emphasis on atmosphere, though many different characteristics and techniques may be employed. Artists often appear in corpse paint and adopt pseudonyms.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 27 March, 2015, 11:18:17 AM
Now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

Aquila - paperback, 192 pages, 12th January 2016

Amazon UK and the Book Depository both have two listings for Aquila:

12th Jan, 192 pages, ISBN-13: 978-1781084076 (US publication)
14th Jan, 176 pages, ISBN-13: 978-1781084069 (UK publication)...ISBN 10 ends 68.

The second one has the same ISBN as the Thrillshop but Tharg's listing is only 140 pages and hardcover.

Molch-R, are there different versions of this coming out? It seems to me these e-tailers are befuddled and that following the ISBN would be the safest bet.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.